Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

House on Ellicott's Hill Rating: None

Mississippi Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Natchez Email This Bookmark Print
Also known in a variety of other names like Gilreath?s Hill, James Moore House, and Connelly?s Tavern, the House on Ellicott?s Hill is a historic building located in Natchez, Mississippi. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1974 and as a Mississippi Landmark as of 2001.

The House on Ellicott?s Hill was originally built by the merchant, James Moore, in 1798. It is the last remaining structure on the once elite Canal Street, as back in the days of this property?s construction, only important and wealthy individuals can own houses on the area.

The House on Ellicott?s Hill was initially restored in 1938 when the Natchez Garden Club acquired it. Architect Richard Koch worked on the restoration project, and the site now operates as a house museum.
Edit Article

House on Ellicott's Hill Pictures Add Picture

House on Ellicott's Hill Videos Add Video