Although the Felix Valle House State Historic Site is built by the Jewish merchant Jacob Phillipson in 1818, it was best known as the home of Felix Valle and Odile Pratte-Valle. These folks were prominent in the Ste. Genevieve area for their trading firm, Menard & Valle. The house played a role in the business, being the resident of one of the firm owners.
Today, the Felix Valle House State Historic Site is under the care of the State of Missouri, serving as one of its beautifully and authentically restored state historic sites. The site features the Federal style building made of limestone, and the artifacts showing the 19th century French community.
The Felix Valle House State Historic Site is a part of the declared National Historic Landmark of the Ste. Genevieve Historic District.
|Felix Valle House State Historic Site Pictures
| Add Picture
|Felix Valle House State Historic Site Videos
| Add Video