The Hunter-Dawson State Historic Site is a state park and historic site in New Madrid, Missouri. It is mostly a historic house museum managed by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
The Hunter-Dawson State Historic Site traces its roots back to the year 1860, when the house was built by William and Amanda Hunter. The couple was local store owners and had the property until 1876, when it was passed on to their daughter Ella and her husband, William Dawson. It stayed in their family until 1958 and was acquired later on in 1966 by the city of New Madrid. The property was then donated to the state.
The Hunter-Dawson State Historic Site features a good amount of the original furniture of the house when it was still owned by the Hunter and Dawson families.
|Hunter-Dawson State Historic Site Videos
| Add Video