One of the many Katy depots around Missouri, the Katy Station in Columbia, Missouri is actually a well loved one, mostly due to its architecture. However, some say that the place is also made historic by the beloved Katy Station Restaurant, famous for its prime rib and salad, which used to operate on the site until it closed down in 1998.
The site, also known as the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad Depot, was built in 1909. It was a replacement to the temporary depot that was put up in 1901. It served as a passenger depot until 1958 and as a freight depot until 1975. One of the two operating train stations in Columbia during the 20th century, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Today, the Katy Station houses a bar, called Shilo?s.