The Marquette Hotel in Cape Girardeau, Missouri is a Spanish Mission style hotel constructed in 1928, after the design of architects George Bartling and Walter Manske. It operated as a hotel from the time it was completed up to 1971 when it was closed down by the local government for safety issues.
The opening of the Marquette Hotel was a grand event. It was attended by at least 8000 people who were allowed to tour the entire ten-stories worth of space. It also provided a beautiful view of the city and Illinois in its roof deck.
As of 2002, the Marquette Hotel was acquired by the Prost Builders of Jefferson City and will now use the site for state offices. The building was restored and renamed as Marquette Tower.