Also known as the Pythian Home of Missouri, the Pythian Castle was built by the Knights of Pythias in 1913. The Knights of Pythias is a fraternal organization, and this massive structure provided a roof over the needy, mostly as an orphanage for kids and a shelter for widows of members of the group, from its completion in 1913 until 1942.
The Pythian Castle also played a role during the Second World War. It housed the Italian and German prisoners of war, and also served as a service club for those stationed in O?Reilly General Hospital.
Today, the Pythian Castle serves as a museum that is open for tours and available for private rentals. Dancing events and other happenings are also held in the site.