Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Dana Meeting House Rating: None

New Hampshire Attractions / Landmarks / Places > New Hampton Email This Bookmark Print
The Dana Meeting House was built around the year 1800 by the Free Will Baptist church. It was as a way to cope with the townspeople?s vote that the tax-subsidized New Hampton town house would be for Congregationalists. After using different homes as a meeting place, the Baptist group was able to use their new meetinghouse.

Named after Dr. Simeon Dana, because he was the one who regularly held services, the Dana Meeting House still had other notable preachers, including John Colby, Benjamin Randall, Thomas Perkins, and Josiah Magoon. It was used for Sunday services until 1860, when all regular Free Will Baptist services stopped altogether.

The Dana Meeting House is now a part of the National Register of Historic Places.
Edit Article



Dana Meeting House Pictures Add Picture



Dana Meeting House Videos Add Video