The Bethabara Park brings to life the 18th century Carolina backcounty, where Moravians used the park as their religious village and trade center surrounded by wolves, bears, and Indians. It is were Forsyth County started and it is also the 1753 site of a Protestant settlement housed in a picture perfect wildlife preserve of 126 bird species.
Its museum shows its history through archaeological ruins, a furnished 1788 church, videos, costumes and reconstructed villages. It also displays a French and Indian War Fort as well as medical and colonial gardens.
Its 20-mile nature trail consists of a mill site and observation docks for the wildlife. It also allows its visitors to see otters, foxes, minks, woodchucks, and deer.
Inside, the Edwin L. Stockton Visitor Center Gift Shop offers hand-crafted Moravian products rich in its natural and colonial history.