Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Double-O Station Rating: None

Oregon Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Diamond Email This Bookmark Print
Originally known as the Double-O Ranch, the Double-O Station is a historic homestead built in 1880 by James Hardin and Amos Riley and was later sold to the cattle baron, Bill Hanley. It originally had 17,000 acres worth of land area.
There are two historic structures in the ranch, both of which date back to the 1880s. These two buildings helped the site get listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, along with the fact that the site did contribute largely to the development of the cattle industry in the western parts of the US.

In 1941, the US Government purchased most of the Double O Ranch and incorporated the acquired area to the nearby Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. The site is now operated by the US Fish and Wildlife Service as a year round field station.
Edit Article

Double-O Station Pictures Add Picture

Double-O Station Videos Add Video