Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Campbell's Covered Bridge Rating: None

South Carolina Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Gowensville Email This Bookmark Print
Campbell?s Covered Bridge is the last surviving covered bridge in South Carolina. It was built in 1909 by Charles Irwin Willis and named after Alexander Lafayette Campbell, who was a wealthy figure who owned a grist mill and the land where the bridge was constructed.

The Campbell?s Covered Bridge is now owned by the Greenville County. They have closed it to traffic in 1980 to preserve the structure, and restored it twice, first in 1964 by the Crescent Garden Club, and in 1990 by the current owners.

Today, the Campbell?s Covered Bridge is a part of the historic park that is named after the landmark. It was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2009. It crosses the Beaverdam Creek and measures 38 feet long and 12 feet wide.
Edit Article

Campbell's Covered Bridge Pictures Add Picture

Campbell's Covered Bridge Videos Add Video