Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Maple Davis Skate Park Rating: None

Texas Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Austin Email This Bookmark Print
Mabel Davis Park was originally leased and operated as a landfill by the City of Austin from 1944-1955. The City purchased the land in 1974 and completed the required land remediation to meet the environmental standards of that time. The park was ultimately developed and opened to the public in 1979.

In 1999, during creek erosion repair, further contamination was discovered. The park closed in June 2000 to conduct a comprehensive environmental assessment to determine the extend of contamination and environmental hazards. The City designed and implemented a $7.3 million assessment and remediation project with was completed in November 2005.

The park was named after Mrs. Alden Davis a civic leader whose service to Austin spanned more than 60 years. Mrs. Davis was Life Chairman Emeritus of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, on which she served since its formation in 1951. As charter member and first president of the Austin Area Garden Center, she was instrumental in creating and developing the Zilker Municipal Garden.


Open Daily: 5:00am - 10:00pm

The park covers approximately 50 acres including 30 acres of beautiful open green space (doubling the acreage from the original 15). Other park amenities include a full length basketball court, an Olympic-size swimming pool, a playscape, covered picnic area and Austin's first skate park. The skate park includes a skate bowl, streetscape elements and a grass seating area for interested onlookers.
Edit Article



Maple Davis Skate Park Pictures Add Picture
Images Not Found



Maple Davis Skate Park Videos Add Video