Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Lee-Fendall House Rating: None

Virginia Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Alexandria Email This Bookmark Print
The Lee-Fendall House is one of the most popular stopovers for walking tours in the city. Built in 1785, the Lee-Fendall House was once the home of Philip Richard Fendall, cousin to Henry Lee, who was then famously called ?Light Horse Harry?. For generations until 1903, various Lee family members had resided in the property except for the Civil War, in which the house was converted into a hospital by the Union Army.

Boasting of exceptional Victorian decor, the Lee-Fendall House also displays various family heirlooms and artefacts such as hand-sewn and needlepoint articles, artworks, and original furnishing. Now open as a public museum, seasonal events at the site would usually have visitors enjoying candlelight tours, afternoon tea, and various lectures and workshops.
Edit Article

Lee-Fendall House Pictures Add Picture

Lee-Fendall House Videos Add Video