Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Fostoria Glass Museum Rating: None

West Virginia Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Moundsville Email This Bookmark Print
The Fostoria Glass Museum used to be known as the residence of Anna B. Smith. It started out in 1903 when Charles and Birdie Burchinal bought a big portion of the block where they started building a house. Since the house was unable to finish, the couple sold 12 parcels of it, which include the house and lot of William H. and Maria Batson. After one year, Anna Belle Smith, also known as ?Ma Smith? bought the house and had it completely constructed. She then moved in with her 3 daughters and 2 sons-in-law. Until 1942, the residence remained to be Ma Smith?s property. It was then used as an office, a residence, and the Masonic Lodge.

In 1988, the Fostoria Glass Society of America purchased the property.
Edit Article

Fostoria Glass Museum Pictures Add Picture

Fostoria Glass Museum Videos Add Video