Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 06:36 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
Homebrewing

is there anywhere that sells homebrew supplies around here? Greenlife used to but after talking to someone yesterday after not being about to find their limited selection of supplies and it seems like they are no longer carrying anything.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:53 PM  

Nobody sells homebrew supplies that I've been able to find. Greenlife did sell a very limited amount of supplies in one of the isles near the meat counter, but even that is down to books and such, I believe. Unfortunately, you either have to mail order or drive to nashville. You may be able to convince moccasin bend brewing to sell you grain and hops.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM  

Nashville, Tennessee
Support TN brewing. Check out Rebel Brewer Homebrew Supply. Their prices are great and shipping should be very reasonable since you are so close. The staff is knowledgeable and I think they just doubled the size of their warehouse.

Rebel Brewer Homebrew Supply
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM  

Chattanooga, Tennessee
I order from listermann.com. They have good prices and free shipping on orders over $75. Plus, orders arrive in two days because of proximity.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
Looking to get started in homebrewing. Waiting for Santa to fill my stocking with GOOD CHEER!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 PM  

Chattanooga, Tennessee
It is incredibly rewarding!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 PM  

If you are looking to get started in homebrewing pick up a book or two. I like Charlie Papazian's book The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. He is very encouraging and upbeat in his book, while some homebrewing authors get muddled in all the things that can go wrong. It really is pretty easy. Get some extract and some hops and start boiling! Save the all-grain brewing until you have the cash to buy or build all the equipment.

Cheers
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
Anyone who is brewing and willing to share some tips and ideas, I would love to get together.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM  

Nashville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnw View Post
Anyone who is brewing and willing to share some tips and ideas, I would love to get together.
Google for the local homebrew club there in Chattanooga. I think they just had a big homebrew competition there. I'm sure you will find several good brewers in the club who will invite you to join them brewing.

Often brew clubs will have a couple of people brewing before their monthly meeting. Its a great way to see what's going on and learn about sanitation, etc.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 AM  

Chattanooga, Tennessee
The 'big brewing competition' was last weekend. I don't know about a homebrew club, but if you want to sit down for a brew and a talk about brewing some time, I am always willing to help an aspiring brewer. I am in the hamilton place area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Bookmark this Page!