Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2016, 07:07 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
so few second run theaters

I am still mourning the loss of the second-run theater chains in Cincinnati. Danbarry Cinemas used to have four of them: Cincinnati Mills, Eastgate, Turfway and Western Hills. Now only Turfway is left, and that is the one that is the most difficult to get to. The Sayler Park Parkland Theater down the street from me switched from second-run to first-run about two years ago, which is fine, but now it only plays computer-animated and superhero movies and I don't go there much any more.
I have been periodically driving to the second-run Danbarry in South Dayton, and even to the Cinemark 12 in Columbus to catch movies. The movies which aren't computer-animated or superhero play for only a few weeks at the first run theaters, and if I don't see them immediately, they disappear forever in Cincinnati.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!