Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2010, 06:00 PM  

Volusia County, FL
Where to go wheeling in East Florida

The only two places I know of are the Mondex, at Hwy 5A in Oak Hill/Scottsmoor... and then the Bar Pits.

Looking for some trail wheeling, but not much of that around here....

Old 10-14-2010, 12:17 AM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
maybe this list will help?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM  

Destin, Florida
Actually, that helps a lot! Thanks...
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 PM  

Edgewater, FL
A friend of mine had a real bad incident in Scottsmoor. I'll go do the roadin' then head home. No camping with the inarticulate. Let's just say, have as many friends with you. There's a couple of Jeep clubs that are forming up around here, just be patient and maybe you'll see them as they actually form.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:30 PM  

Volusia County, FL
A friend of mine who works for a local auto repair shop was telling me something that happened down at Scottsmoor a while back. Needless to say, when I go down there, I carry a small black and OD Green friend with me...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:54 AM  

Edgewater, FL
Did it have to do with a guy getting his eye knocked out for asking someone to turn down the rap music? If so, I know who it happened to......and we probably know each other. LOL
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM  

Ocala, Florida
Ocala, of course. We've got Hardrock and the ONF. There are some other places that may or may not be legit, I don't know about those so I avoid them.

We have lots of places to Jeep. It's literally the only good thing about living here....literally

* I know we're not exactly 'East' but we're worth the drive
Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 PM  

Volusia County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Did it have to do with a guy getting his eye knocked out for asking someone to turn down the rap music? If so, I know who it happened to......and we probably know each other. LOL
No, it was something about a tool guy getting mugged or something.

Regardless, I am considering taking a trip to HardRock one weekend, but I need tires first!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM  

Edgewater, FL
LOL. The Tool Guy is the guy I know. He went out camping. Some bubba rednecks were listening to rap music very, very loud. He walked over and asked them to turn it down since it was 1am. One of the guys came at him, beat the hell out of him, and knocked his eye out of his head. This is not an exageration. It is what happened. He had to go to hospital, and was out of work for about 2 months over it. And no, they didn't catch the guy, and mugging was not the issue. He thinks he knows who the guy was, but wasn't sure.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.