Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2011, 08:29 AM  

Sunday Alcohol Sales

With veto-threatening Sonny gone and Deal willing to sign, it seemed that the Sunday sales issue would finally be put to rest. But it seems that many (mostly rural) Republican assembly members are getting cold feet when it comes down to it.

What do you think? Think it will happen this year? Ever?

Personally, I think the efforts of the legislature don't go far enough. They are simply pushing the responsibility of making the decision. This "Personal Freedom" kick that a lot of Republicans (lead by the Tea Party) have been on lately seems to stop short of letting businesses decide when they want to be open and letting people decide when they want to patronize these businesses.

I have nothing against not purchasing alcohol on Sundays. I respect that many people have religious beliefs that say they should not. But they can make the decision to buy. You don't need to tell me I can't either.

Also, apparently the Republican leadership in the Senate (that is sponsoring the Sunday Sales bill) will not bring any measure to the floor that does not have majority of the Republicans behind it. I find this frustrating.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads