Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 PM  

Liberty Il, ILINOIS
There is no such thing as a TEMP. TAX in Illinois, antbody who belives there is is deaming.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 PM  

macomb, Illinois
I've taken some bad bets..you know"the here hold my beer and watch this" stuff,but I ain't taken the bet that the tax will go back down!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 AM  

Our defeated rep. Carrene Gordon voted for it after a promise by Quinn for a cushy overpaid state job. Last one to leave, turn off the lights...or not who cares.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM  

Palatine, IL
Have to love that it will completely negate the federal tax holiday this year. What the Feds giveth the state taketh away.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:20 AM  

Manhattan, Illinois
Recall time.
Lets put that new law into affect
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 AM  

if it says in the law that it's only going to last 5 years then it will more than likely only last for 5 years.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 AM  

Granite City, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdegen1 View Post
if it says in the law that it's only going to last 5 years then it will more than likely only last for 5 years.
you say that because everything the politicians tell us is the truth?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 AM  

Illinois
Wasn't the toll system only supposed to last until a few years ago? Let's face it, illinois government is shady and the sheeple just can't think for themselves! Just rename it the state of chicago because those crooks run it anyway...
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM  

I moved to the Chicago area because of my job over 4 years ago. This state is probably the worse when it comes to taxes and politics. What I find hard to believe is the fact that Governor Quinn actually told the people Before the election that he wanted to raise taxes by 50% - and THEY still re-elected him.

This state deserves everything it get (high property taxes, high sales taxes, rapid income tax increase, etc). I guess budget cuts are out of the question because it's the free welfare/LINK card benefits secures votes for the liberals.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM  

Illinois
Your preaching to the choir! This state is ridiculous and most of the citizens votes are owned by the unions that the democrats own...

It would be nice if they could just make a decision for themselves and not follow like sheep.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.