Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2018, 12:21 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
sugar and spice trail

Kentucky Tourism began the Sugar and Spice Trail in northern Kentucky in January.
https://www.kentuckytourism.com/food...d-spice-trail/
We got to four of the five candy shops yesterday. There are six places listed on the website but Witt's is now closed, and we ran out of time to get to Schneider's.
There were three of us, and we started at Galerie in Hebron. This place sells seasonal candy and licensed merchandise. It had plenty of pre-packaged Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter candy, and also had lots of Star Wars and Despicable Me merchandise. I didn't buy anything like that, but I bought a bunch of tiny graham cracker cookies which were delicious.
Then we went to Sweet Tooth in Newport. This was my favorite place, as it was in an old corner store; plus I had to take photos of the dolls in one of the glass display cases!
Third was Sweet Dreams at Newport on the Levee, where I bought hard candy for someone else as a gift. While we were there, we had lunch at Dewey's Pizza and Jenny bought several items at Barnes & Noble.
The last place we got to was Colonel De's in Fort Thomas, which is a spice store. Jenny bought some ingredients to make dip while Connie and I sniffed all the spice jars.
These two photos are from Sweet Tooth, and are of Alan Jackson and Lovely Patsy. I never knew there was an Alan Jackson doll! Lovely Patsy is a clone/competitor of Barbie.
This is the second "trail" we've done. One of the neat things about these "trails" is, if you go with others, each of you will visit places or towns you haven't been to in years or have never been to, and you will discover that each of you have been places that the others never heard of.
Next up is a fried chicken trail in southeast Indiana that Connie's learned about!
sugar and spice trail-alan-patsy-1.jpg 

sugar and spice trail-alan-patsy-2.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!