I'm a fan of eating at the locally owned places, not some corporate ran store. So, here are my favorite pics....
1) Commander's Palace - absolutely great cajun/creole food. This is the place where many great "TV" chef's have trained. Expect about $50 - $75 a person
2) Adolfos Resturant - incredible italian food, but in a dive place. Small, very small place. Expect about $30 - $50 a person.
3) Willie Maes Scotch House - 4th generation soul food resturant that was featured on the Travel Channel and the Food Network as it is such a landmark resturant to the locals in NOLA. NOTICE - they are open M-F for lunch only...arrive by 11:30, no later or it will be a 30 -45 minute wait. Get the chicken, no questions asked, it's be voted the best chicken in America. Expect about $10 - $15 a person for lunch
4) Port-O-Call - local dive bar that serves you either a steak or burger with baked potatoe. ABSOLUTELY mind blowing. Again, it's a lunch favorite for locals, so get there before 11:30. Expect about $10 - $15 a person for lunch
5) Breakfast - Cafe Du Monde.....coffee and beignets - expect about $7.00 a person
6) ACME Oyster House....best red beans/rice/sausage in NOLA, oh yeah, did I mention they have incredible oysters? Expect about $25 a person.
There are many many great resturants, but these are my favorites.