Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Avoiding Obamacare

Confirmed by a CNA. Home care workers are employed part time to avoid benefits.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Confirmed by a CNA. Home care workers are employed part time to avoid benefits.
and? Computer programmers are salaried so they don't get overtime, what is your point? Yes we all know corporations will do anything they can to pay as little as possible? are you arguing for communism here? or what?
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Confirmed by a CNA. Home care workers are employed part time to avoid benefits.
Many people are. Had a friend who worked 39 hours a week for a grocery chain for 20 years. They limited him so he would be considered part time and would not get benefits. How does this pertain to Obamacare?
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM  
Senior Member
 
Sideways's Avatar

Houston, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 980 | Kudos: +33
Images: 1
I worked in the health care industry for 25+ years. This is nothing new. Been going on in health care, and other fields, for as long as I can remember. In fact would this not be an argument for "Obamacare"? After all this does exclude employees from health care benefits because they are part time therefore making them eligible for "Obamacare". Or at least that's how it appears to me.
__________________
"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. Never forget that everything the Founding Fathers did was not." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I worked in the health care industry for 25+ years. This is nothing new. Been going on in health care, and other fields, for as long as I can remember. In fact would this not be an argument for "Obamacare"? After all this does exclude employees from health care benefits because they are part time therefore making them eligible for "Obamacare". Or at least that's how it appears to me.
The CNA would have to her own insurance which she can't afford.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
and? Computer programmers are salaried so they don't get overtime, what is your point? Yes we all know corporations will do anything they can to pay as little as possible? are you arguing for communism here? or what?
Actually government controlled insurance comes close to communism, at least socialism.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:12 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The CNA would have to her own insurance which she can't afford.
I can't afford insurance either. And if forced under Obamacare to buy it, I don't know how I will survive.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:15 PM  
Senior Member
 
Sideways's Avatar

Houston, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 980 | Kudos: +33
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor

I can't afford insurance either. And if forced under Obamacare to buy it, I don't know how I will survive.
Could you afford to get sick without "Obamacare"? Think I've said this before but I got no horse in this race. Just asking.
__________________
"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. Never forget that everything the Founding Fathers did was not." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Could you afford to get sick without "Obamacare"? Think I've said this before but I got no horse in this race. Just asking.
I've explained this before. Right now I cannot afford to sign up for Medicare If Obamacare makes me sign up. I will not have enough income to make it. By 2014, the minimum for Medicare will be $247 a month. Then you need a supplement at $40-$50 a month and you still have to pay 20%. I only need to see a health care pro once a year and my meds are less than $20 a month. It would make no financial sense for me to sign up, even if I could afford it.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 PM  
Senior Member
 
Sideways's Avatar

Houston, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 980 | Kudos: +33
Images: 1
I understand what you are saying and am just curious. How would you handle a catastrophic illness like, God forbid, cancer? Or a heart attack? Tough position to be in and I'm sure there is no easy answer, only the lesser of evils.
__________________

__________________
"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. Never forget that everything the Founding Fathers did was not." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.