Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ
 
VaporLung's Avatar

VA
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 728 | Kudos: +47
Images: 2
Protesters vs. Competitive Shoppers

Woman pepper-sprayed adults, kids at Wal-Mart sale, police say - latimes.com

Quote:
Authorities are searching for a woman accused of pepper-spraying other shoppers Thursday night at the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch so that she could grab more discounted merchandise.

Twenty customers, including children, were hurt in the 10:10 p.m. incident, officials said. Shoppers complained of minor skin and eye irritation and sore throats.

"This was customer-versus-customer 'shopping rage,'" said Los Angeles Police Lt. Abel Parga.

The woman used the spray in more than one area of the Wal-Mart "to gain preferred access to a variety of locations in the store," said Los Angeles Fire Capt. James Carson.

"She was competitive shopping," he said.

Black Friday's sales began at the Wal-Mart at 10 p.m. and featured door-buster sales on toys, including $5 Bratz dolls, $10 Wii video games and $29 tricycles.
Protesters complaining about getting pepper sprayed are met with comments like "It's a food product" and told to stop complaining but shoppers who get pepper sprayed are regarded as " hurt" and given swift medical and police attention. Further illustrating corporate and government hypocrisy and double standards.

I so need to show this to my wife when she gets home. Then again, I need to don this beforehand -


__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:47 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Amazon.com FTW. **** walmart.


I spent my black-friday morning at a local sporting goods store with two brothers. Strangely, nobody was using pepper spray on the crowd of hunters, CCW carriers, LEOs, and gun nuts.

We walked out with an 1187, Henry lever action, Mosin Nagant, and plenty of ammo for all of the above.
__________________

__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
I spent my black friday morning walking out in the desert with my dog. FOOWY on them clown and idiot "bargan" shoppers. I'ld rather wait til the store's not so crowded or order it on line.
__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 AM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
I've seen this comparison. The occupy protesters have done quite a bit of damage across the country, though. Therefore, I have a hard time feeling bad for them.

However, I think the pepper spray incident that we've all seen a video of was very wrong.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ
 
VaporLung's Avatar

VA
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 728 | Kudos: +47
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I've seen this comparison. The occupy protesters have done quite a bit of damage across the country, though. Therefore, I have a hard time feeling bad for them.

However, I think the pepper spray incident that we've all seen a video of was very wrong.
I agree Jake, and I also agree that this is a bit of a stretch of a comparison between the two, but there are similarities and 'oppression' of sorts amongst the frustrated.

The Occupy folks have caused plenty of damage, but then again the people they are protesting against have caused a bit more damage - but theirs doesnt leave any 'discernible marks' like those 'less fortunate' (If you would)

(EDIT) And please dont think I feel sorry for ALL of the occupy people - you do stupid **** - you go to jail. Dont torture me in the process please
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Ha ha :-) I understand what you're saying, and appreciate your maturity in the discussion. I guess I'm just used to some people around here being a lot less amicable about things.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 PM  
Senior Member
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar

Nashville, TN
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 493 | Kudos: +74
I think there is a big difference between getting pepper sprayed when a uniformed officer tells me to vacate an area and having some dimwhit pepper spray in, even a Wal-Mart. It's expectation. I don't reasonably expect some looney shopper to use unreasonable force to provide them with a shopping advantage.

And Rival, you picked up some sweet items for stocking stuffers today. I'd love to have a Mosin Nagant.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I agree Jake, and I also agree that this is a bit of a stretch of a comparison between the two, but there are similarities and 'oppression' of sorts amongst the frustrated.

The Occupy folks have caused plenty of damage, but then again the people they are protesting against have caused a bit more damage - but theirs doesnt leave any 'discernible marks' like those 'less fortunate' (If you would)

(EDIT) And please dont think I feel sorry for ALL of the occupy people - you do stupid **** - you go to jail. Dont torture me in the process please
Having the police baton and pepper spray protesters is akin to viciously beating someone for having the nerve to bleed on your car after you swerve onto the sidewalk to hit them.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:57 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I think there is a big difference between getting pepper sprayed when a uniformed officer tells me to vacate an area and having some dimwhit pepper spray in, even a Wal-Mart. It's expectation. I don't reasonably expect some looney shopper to use unreasonable force to provide them with a shopping advantage.

And Rival, you picked up some sweet items for stocking stuffers today. I'd love to have a Mosin Nagant.
Now I just need a few hundred yards to shoot it! (The best range I have is across an abandoned gravel pit; I've only got a little more than 100 yards to work with)
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
We managed to clear out the stupid tent city in one of our historic city squares without resorting to drastic measures.

It was starting to become an eyesore without a clear or even lucid message.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.