Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheucus View Post
The U.S. has OVER 750 military bases around the Globe.
Russia has 3
China has 2
The U.S. spends as much on military as the next 10 countries COMBINED!
Add ALL of China's military expense to ALL of Russia's military expense, then add Pakistan, India, ALL of the U.K., N. Korea, Iran, Israel, Venezuela, and......
You get the picture.
On TOP of THAT add all of the foreign aid (of which Israel gets the most) and you have to wonder what really is going on in Washington that we have to lay off Firemen, police, EMS, and teachers, close schools and entire cities, and steal my retirement money I have been paying to the gov't for over 35 years.

You young guys, and some of you older guys, don't realize it right now, but you will one day, much like myself.
When I was fresh I was perturbed about all the money I paid into FICA every week.
I figured I could use that money NOW, not in 45 years, geez. Who knows if I'll even be around to collect it then?
Last year I was working on a job and had an accident.
I am permanently disabled now.
I just turned 50 the week before.
I didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't have a big bank account to fall back on, just a little money for a rainy day; and boy was it raining now.
In less than 3 months I was found to be disabled by SSD and it took 6 months to get my first check from them.
I get $1800 a month to live on now.
It's not a lot of money friends, but I thank the Godz that it is there.

Let's hope you never need it before you retire and live out your golden years playing golf.
But IF you do finds yourself in my position, you'll be glad you socked that money away, even when you didn't want to.
I'm getting even further off topic and my apologies. I know you've probably seen this before but it still stuns and sickens me everytime I watch it and is indicitive of the mindset of many on top in this country. You just have to be in this position to realize that those sharks in the system have some darn sharp teeth!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 AM  

Detroit, michigan
Like THAT ******* would NEED medicare when he retires from his $500,000+ a year job.
I guess I have been lucky because ALL of the doctors I have seen here in Michigan have given me a deep discount or NO CHARGE for the visit.
I am still in constant pain though without insurance.
When I do get insurance I know they will do all of the tests and procedures and meds that I want, cause they're GONNA GET PAID.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 AM  
Traveler

Only in America! We have the "Best" healthcare system in the world..........If you can afford it. What did you think of the video? It's amazing how those opposed to extending affordable healthcare to all, will discount the video, or just not comment on it.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 AM  

Detroit, michigan
I have seen that video and it is always retching to watch.
It is inconceivable to me that this is the kind of country we have become.
I have always loved my life here. I worked and bought a house and visit my brother up north, have friends over and go out on the town.
We were AMERICA. THAT'S why everybody wanted to be an American.
I was a high school drop out.
still I was very smart and advanced my knowledge and career, working with my hands and mind.
By the time I was 30 I was making very good money for my abilities.
I had 2 children by then
My son is now 29. He has a DEGREE from University of Michigan, a very prestigious school.
He is making less than I did when I was his age.
He couldn't possibly have a wife, family, house in the 'burbs, and the life that I was able to provide for he and his brother.

The corporatists have killed the middle class.
I am just dumbstruck that common, everyday working American's (per the video) are willing to help the corporations take it all, in direct detriment to themselves.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM  
Traveler

I myself am making less today, than when I started out as an eighteen year old. America used to be all about building things out of steel. Now, we're all about fee's. This is how America makes its money is by collecting fees on you name it. Jobs go out of the country. Wages get stiffeled, workers rights squashed, and it just seems as though people just look the other way. Unsure if you ever watch Bill Maher, but he always says that the American people are stupid, and cites numerous examples and illistrates through little sketches, and I believe that the man is right. Anyhow.........
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM  

Detroit, michigan
LOVE Maher.
He hits it on the nose.
The people ARE stupid! The Matrix is real.
Those who are still working think that the party is going to go on for them.
There is a shock and awe coming to this country.
As for falling income, I too was making less the last couple of years.
My jobs were shrinking up as more people lost their jobs, and more, here in Detroit.
I feel very strongly that this country is heading in the wrong direction.
Obama is part of the problem, but for those who think that Boehner, Bachman, and Palin are the answer, just wait until they wring your silly asses out.
These guys are hitting the brakes and doing a 180.....we're headed back to.... well, the Godz only know where, but I'm sure it wont be pretty.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.