Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2015, 01:56 AM  
Traveler

Talk about ignorant!

Anyone been following this Kim Davis story? Her and her husband taking a stand because granting marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples is an attack on religious freedom? WTF? Some people will stop at nothing to get television attention, because no one could possibly be that stupid. This is as clear an example of someone using their authority to be a bigot and discriminate against a basic human right. IF.... things were the other way around.... if someone wouldn't give out a marriage license because the applicant was a Christian, there'd be hell to pay. I hope she spends a long time in the crow bar motel. She deserves it!

What's your take on this?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 PM  
Traveler

Turns out Kim finally came to her senses. I guess a few days in jail has lowered her standards.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:05 PM  

Mounds, Ok
That's funny. Kim broke no laws. She was imprisoned under a mandate that has not been made into a law. This president has broken more laws than all of his predecessors combined. He is divisionist race baiter bigot to the American people. Marriage = one man + one woman. Union = X + X or what ever. We have judges that will not perform a marriage between two men or women, but a lady not selling a license goes to jail.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:54 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge740 View Post
That's funny. Kim broke no laws. She was imprisoned under a mandate that has not been made into a law. This president has broken more laws than all of his predecessors combined. He is divisionist race baiter bigot to the American people. Marriage = one man + one woman. Union = X + X or what ever. We have judges that will not perform a marriage between two men or women, but a lady not selling a license goes to jail.
How do you figure? She was ordered by a Federal judge to uphold the law, and she refused. The Government is no place to reflect and impose your religious beliefs. I don't even believe in God and so you telling me that some Christian has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do just because they're in a position of power? Please don't tell me that you believe that that's okay.

And as for Obama, he hasn't broken any laws especially any more than George W Bush and he associates, in fact George actually did break laws grossly and never went to jail. Obama has tried to work with the republicans but just like immature little children, if they don't get their way, then they take their football and go home. It really is true that if Obama came out in favor of oxygen, republicans would suffocate themselves immediately.

Getting back on target.... I'll be anxiously awaiting Mrs Davis' attitude when she returns to work on Monday morning, and I applaud her clerk who essentially told her to "screw off" and is doing what any other "real" human being would do and spreading the humanity . Miss Davis is the bigot here and using Jesus as a shield to discriminate and come across as self righteous? Oh please. It's 2015 and the dark ages are over now.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 PM  
Traveler

I'm sorry. I just get tired of someone trying to think for me. I also get pissed when someone tries to leverage themselves in a position to assert authority over other people who don't align with their faith, as if everyone must be of the same line of thinking. If I was at your church, then great, I'd abide by your rules, but I don't do church and even if I did, then it's up to your god to judge me, not you. I grew up in a particular church and I recall as a youth, the church telling folks how to vote, what to think and who to discriminate against. This is exactly how dictatorships come about.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 AM  

Mounds, Ok
God Bless you
Old 09-11-2015, 01:30 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge740 View Post
God Bless you
Why.... thank you sir! I'm not a believer in any sort of god, but I appreciate the gesture nonetheless. Very kind.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:09 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
How do you figure? She was ordered by a Federal judge to uphold the law, and she refused. The Government is no place to reflect and impose your religious beliefs. I don't even believe in God and so you telling me that some Christian has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do just because they're in a position of power? Please don't tell me that you believe that that's okay.

And as for Obama, he hasn't broken any laws especially any more than George W Bush and he associates, in fact George actually did break laws grossly and never went to jail. Obama has tried to work with the republicans but just like immature little children, if they don't get their way, then they take their football and go home. It really is true that if Obama came out in favor of oxygen, republicans would suffocate themselves immediately.

Getting back on target.... I'll be anxiously awaiting Mrs Davis' attitude when she returns to work on Monday morning, and I applaud her clerk who essentially told her to "screw off" and is doing what any other "real" human being would do and spreading the humanity . Miss Davis is the bigot here and using Jesus as a shield to discriminate and come across as self righteous? Oh please. It's 2015 and the dark ages are over now.
Hello Musicinabottle,
So a few things first.
I am a Christian.
I don't agree with same sex marriage, but support civil unions and gay rights (all should have the same rights).
And I DO NOT support this woman!
So here is my .02.
I can understand her point. Being a Christian and having to facilitate something that you (SHE) feel is a sin is a hard thing to do. She has decided to take a stand for her religious beliefs. That is admirable for anyone to do (standing up for what you believe in that is).
She was actually following the states law. She should not have been jailed at all. The state has laws on who can file for the license. Only the woman (by law) can file for it. And only one license can be issued. So that technically means she couldn't give it to the men. She also couldn't give it to a gay woman because they both have to file but can only get one. That's why the head republican was asking for a stay until the state could redo the laws. The judge didn't wait because his ego was hurt that a peeon didn't bow down to him. She was jailed on contempt of court, not for baking any law.
My problem with her is in line to what I think you were trying to say. She is an elected official, elected by the people of that county. She needs to uphold and follow the law. And until the states fight the over reach of the court, gay marriage is law! If her religious beliefs prohibit her from doing her job, then she needs to quit.
As a Christian, our job is to do one thing and one thing ONLY! And that is to be a witness for Jesus Christ; to spread his message. It is NOT to judge people. And Jesus blessed many people even though they were sinners. So while I will give her cudos for trying to hold true to her beliefs, she is miss guided in them. Also, as you tried to state, as a Christian I can't hold someone else to my beliefs if they are not Christians.
With that said, I ask that you also look at it from her point of view. You are bad mouthing a woman that you say is a bigot because she doesn't hold the same view point as you. But she is not alone there. Most states that had votes on gay marriage voted against it. For you to belittle these people are you being a bigot yourself?
You can't force people to except things. Yelling and calling names people names wont and don't help any cause.
It's like I tell my kid about school. You need a passing grade. That teacher has it. Even if that teacher is wrong, you have to be nice and respectful to get it. Even if it kills you do to so.
It's the same with gay marriage and the people.

As for Obama, federal judges have already said he has broken several laws ranging from the healthcare to immigration, to the abuse of executive powers. He is the ONLY president to cause more harm to this country. He is personally responsible for the racial fighting in our country.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:11 PM  
Traveler

There just seems to be this arrogant attitude from her, and the photos of her that you see just don't come across as Christian to me. When I think of a true Christian, I picture someone like Jimmy Carter, who not only comes across as a kind individual, he actually is kind.

If I had another thread about Obama, I'd argue that more than likely, the Federal judges who claim Obama has broken laws, like the healthcare situation...... which is one of the key reasons Obama won his second term by the way..... and the republicans actually drafted his plan at various times such as Mitt Romney for instance, but I suspect that these Judges are republicans who hate the color of Obamas skin!

And this notion that he's caused more harm to this country than anyone else......... REALLY? More harm than George Bush, who just about caused this country to completely collapse and then the whole illegal war in Iraq, one that was brought about through complete and utter lies, and wound up killing thousands upon thousands of innocent human beings. I could go on, but seriously, Obama caught and killed Osama Bin Laden, turned this country from near collapse (stock market went from 6,000 to what is it now.....? 15,000?) to steady job growth, providing healthcare to millions more people who couldn't afford it before, like me for instance, and putting the screeching halt on the evil practice of pre existing condition screw jobs by insurance companies, etc etc. The man is a godsend and a hero to people like myself who now have super excellent healthcare coverage for less than $50 a month. Happy!

`I'm not sure where you've been there sir, or whether you're another Fox news junkie, and I mean no disrespect, but racial tensions have been around for ever and....... it's the horrible and brutal conduct of our police, the lies, the physical abuse and deaths of innocent people, and the outright bias, bigotry and racism our law enforcement exhibit that have spurned the unrest of late. Obama, you're blaming for this? Well all I can say is HUH? How you figure? I mean in reality, it's comments such as yours about Obama being the principle cause of this race war that are the source of this racial tension. In other words, it's you and people like you that are the problem.

On my original topic, just as in a jury selection, if you feel you can't be objective and true to your position, then you should do just as Mrs Davis will now be doing, which will be to have your people do what you feel is objectionable. You need to understand that if the tables were turned and a Satan worshipper was this clerk, and she objected viscerally to Christians and refused to issue marriage licenses to them, well, there'd be one hell of an outcry and lawsuits. And rightfully so.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:35 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Talk about ignorant!-marriage_pagans_ssm.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.