Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
. . . Southerners are bigots and rednecks,
It seems this is his default response in several threads....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
So let's see what we've googled up so far . . . Southerners are bigots and rednecks, Cops beat people up for the fun of it, and anyone who defends the US's sovernty are thug Nazis. WOW, you better get off that google and get out in the real world a little. Eddie T hit the nail on the head IMO
Calling for and praising the death of US citizens who aren't able to afford health care coverage? That level of inhumanity isn't far removed from the Nazi party. Choosing to spend exponentially more taxpayer resources "defending US sovereignty" rather issuing taxpayer IDs to "illegal" immigrants, putting them on the books as taxpayers, if not as citizens? That is economically stupid, inhumane, and the combination borders on moral depravity. Again, not far removed from the policies of the Nazi party.

Get out in the real world? I *live* in the real world, not some fantasy world where nothing but good happens to good people and nothing but bad to bad people. I live in the real world, where good people frequently get screwed over through no fault of their own, and deserve society's help and support to overcome that screwing. The tea party seems to think that either such people don't exist, or if they do, should be condemned anyway.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THAT WORLD. If the price of living in my world is that I am forced to occasionally help people who don't deserve the help; that I am occasionally scammed; that undeserving people benefit from my efforts, I AM OK WITH THAT. It is a small price to pay to live in a society of humans instead of a society of brutality and hatred, and the generations of evil people, gang bangers, thugs, and violent criminals who thrive in such a society.

As a matter of practicality, the extremes on both sides are correct for all the wrong reasons, which I'll go into more after work.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Calling for and praising the death of US citizens who aren't able to afford health care coverage? That level of inhumanity isn't far removed from the Nazi party. Choosing to spend exponentially more taxpayer resources "defending US sovereignty" rather issuing taxpayer IDs to "illegal" immigrants, putting them on the books as taxpayers, if not as citizens? That is economically stupid, inhumane, and the combination borders on moral depravity. Again, not far removed from the policies of the Nazi party.

Get out in the real world? I *live* in the real world, not some fantasy world where nothing but good happens to good people and nothing but bad to bad people. I live in the real world, where good people frequently get screwed over through no fault of their own, and deserve society's help and support to overcome that screwing. The tea party seems to think that either such people don't exist, or if they do, should be condemned anyway.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THAT WORLD. If the price of living in my world is that I am forced to occasionally help people who don't deserve the help; that I am occasionally scammed; that undeserving people benefit from my efforts, I AM OK WITH THAT. It is a small price to pay to live in a society of humans instead of a society of brutality and hatred, and the generations of evil people, gang bangers, thugs, and violent criminals who thrive in such a society.

As a matter of practicality, the extremes on both sides are correct for all the wrong reasons, which I'll go into more after work.
And again, it's always somebody who has probably never been to a border state, let alone live there. How the hay you gonna tell me about these border problems from Ohio? Your opinions are bias and one sided and when it gets right down to it, when as in the video in question, you don't have a decent arguement to stand on, you resort to calling silly names like Nazi, bigot, redneck and the like. And since we're into stereotyping, now get back to your tater fields!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
So let's see what we've googled up so far . . . Southerners are bigots and rednecks, Cops beat people up for the fun of it, and anyone who defends the US's sovernty are thug Nazis. WOW, you better get off that google and get out in the real world a little. Eddie T hit the nail on the head IMO
Thought you were old enough to have noticed the troubles experienced by police in LA, New Orleans, Chicago and other cities. Rival even posted data about it but you just ignored it and twisted the story to cops beat people up for the fun of it.
Perhaps the tea thugs understand such reasoning but for me there is nothing there.

DIVERSITY
(SPECIAL WHITE EDITION)
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-1union-anti-tea-party-sign-boston-april-14-2010.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-rifle.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-manoffaith-2-.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-rp-thug.gif 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-2202.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-tim_teaparty.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-alarmist.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-nword.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-murdoch-crap.gif 

Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM  
fustrated genius

Well, that guy needs to go back to the Obamacare thread.

As you know, the promises of the treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo were never met. When the US took over the western states, the mestizos, mulatos and indios were not allowed to testify in court, etc., etc., yet they were promised full citizenship. (those living here). Since those early days problems over this immigration issue have sprung up every single time there is a recession, depression, beginning way back when the placer was drying up in the 1850's California gold fields. This issue needs to be resolved once and for all, for ALL of us and calling someone racist anytime they have a different opinion does not solve the issues. Immigration, as I said earlier, is far too hard for the LEGAL immigrant and far too easy for the ILLEGAL immigrant. If we all break laws we don't agree with, then there is nothing but chaos and anarchy. To reward those who break laws is ludicris, and encourages even more problems.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:41 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The Candid Conservative sums it up like this:
Quote:
Funny how the left will advocate for things like the North American Man/Boy Love Association but trip on normalcy.
That's we we have ATTACK WATCH. We know the ragged right will resort to LIES so we wait for them and report them. Have you so quickly forgotten the antics that had the GOP looking like the Gay Old Pedo Party?

Care to document the LIE that you so gleefully posted Eddie?
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-foleyscreenshot.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-fat-fag-ailessm.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-poorcriminalssm.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-take-ball.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-gop3.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-rnc.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-pc.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-exploited.jpg 

Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The Candid Conservative sums it up like this:
You might enjoy the ATTACK WATCH site Eddie.

Attacks: Get the Facts
The Obama administration has strengthened our borders while making our immigration system smart and fair. Find out more
President Obama is a friend to Israel, despite unfounded claims to the contrary. Find out more
President Obama believes in common sense gun control laws compatible with Second Amendment rights. Find out more
Fact check: TARP was signed into law by President Bush, and the overall cost to taxpayers has been significantly reduced under President Obama. Find out more
President Obama was born in the United States and is an American citizen?period. Find out more
By providing assistance to auto companies, President Obama saved more than a million jobs and prevented the American auto industry from collapsing. Find out more
The Affordable Care Act promotes quality, affordable health coverage for all Americans, regardless of the industry they work in or their union status. Find out more
President Obama is eliminating outdated regulations while strengthening commonsense standards to promote health and safety.

AttackWatch.com Attack Files — Get the facts. Fight the smears. — AttackWatch.com
Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
You might enjoy the ATTACK WATCH site Eddie.

[B]Attacks: Get the Facts
The Obama administration has strengthened our borders while making our immigration system smart and fair. Find out more
; AttackWatch.com[/url]

No, no where close to enough, this claim is just not right, don't know about the others but this is NOT RIGHT
Old 09-27-2011, 12:04 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:

As you know, the promises of the treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo were never met. When the US took over the western states, the mestizos, mulatos and indios were not allowed to testify in court, etc., etc., yet they were promised full citizenship. (those living here). Since those early days problems over this immigration issue have sprung up every single time there is a recession, depression, beginning way back when the placer was drying up in the 1850's California gold fields. This issue needs to be resolved once and for all, for ALL of us and calling someone racist anytime they have a different opinion does not solve the issues. Immigration, as I said earlier, is far too hard for the LEGAL immigrant and far too easy for the ILLEGAL immigrant. If we all break laws we don't agree with, then there is nothing but chaos and anarchy. To reward those who break laws is ludicris, and encourages even more problems.
Again, calling people nazis is not gonna solve the ISSUE of IMMIGRATION.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
This just in......

I guess Batty Bachmann is in panic mode after her no show in the FLA straw poll.

Quote:
Did you catch the latest from Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann's misinformation crusade? She tried to rally her base against no-cost birth control by intentionally confusing the "morning-after" birth-control pill with the abortion pill. This blatant falsehood is only the beginning of what we would see if she's elected president.
Blog for Choice | Debunking Michele Bachmann

Quote:
Debunking Michele Bachmann

By
Thomas
on September 13, 2011 2:23 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBacks (0)
Last night, the Republican candidates for president met for a tea-party debate, and they made some pretty bold claims.

Here's one particularly strong assertion from Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota:

President Obama in a stunning, shocking level of power now just recently told all private insurance companies you must offer the morning-after abortion pill because I said so and it must be free of charge.
Cue the fact-checking: Rep. Bachmann is wrong. Again.

Here are the facts:

Last month, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) followed medical experts' advice and announced that newly issued insurance plans must cover all FDA-approved birth-control methods without a copay.

Emergency contraception, or the "morning-after" pill, is a type of birth control that works if taken soon after sex. The "morning-after" birth-control pill is not the same thing as the abortion pill (RU 486). Emergency contraception prevents pregnancy; it does not cause abortion. If you're already pregnant, taking the "morning-after" pill will not end the pregnancy.

Ninety-eight percent of American women use birth control at some point in their lives. A panel of medical experts at the Institute of Medicine recommended that birth control be included as no-cost preventive care in all health plans because it will help millions of women prevent unintended pregnancy and reduce the need for abortion.

HHS' decision to make birth control available without a copay has nothing to do with abortion. The vast majority of private insurance plans do cover abortion care, but they set their own rules on copays and fees.

So, in conclusion, Rep. Bachmann's statement is (surprise!) completely and 100 percent false. But then again, I don't think she ever was one to let facts get in the way of her extreme ideology.

Paid for by NARAL Pro-Choice America, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-wingnut-1.gif 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-right-wing-world.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-sarah-palin-michele-bachmann1.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-batshit.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-bachmann_frankenstein.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-bachmann_mn_wage_poster-.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-bachmannn-crazy2.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-bachmann-gacy-cartoon.jpg 

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-bachman_cartoon-brain.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.