Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
If your kids didn't (or don't) sit and watch TV for hours on end then great. The article is merely stating that if there is a TV in their room then the chances are greater. So yeah, if there is a TV in their room then yeah the chances are greater that they will sit and watch TV for hours on end.... ESPECIALLY if the parents (like you said) send the kids to their room to watch TV...
I agree...
IMHO, its up to the parents, but I also think if the parents are fat and lazy, the kids will be fat and lazy. If the parents dont take a "active" part in the kids life, they will probaly turn out fat and lazy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I agree...
IMHO, its up to the parents, but I also think if the parents are fat and lazy, the kids will be fat and lazy. If the parents dont take a "active" part in the kids life, they will probaly turn out fat and lazy.
Yeah, I'm not as active with the kids as I should be but we keep the TV off pretty much all the time.... Usually, if they are watching anything it is in our van (they would be sitting in the car seats anyway!) while traveling (Veggie Tales mostly..).. I may just sit there on the couch and not do much sometimes but my girls will be running around playing. If the TV were on they would just sit there and watch it.
__________________

__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
You've got that right!! I've heard of some ridiculous research topics... Government funded of course. When they spend someone else's money it sure is wasted...
The argument is that such studies cost so little that the budget is not effected. That, of course, is utter nonsense with 41 cents of every dollar being borrowed every million here and there adds up.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Yeah, I'm not as active with the kids as I should be but we keep the TV off pretty much all the time.... Usually, if they are watching anything it is in our van (they would be sitting in the car seats anyway!) while traveling (Veggie Tales mostly..).. I may just sit there on the couch and not do much sometimes but my girls will be running around playing. If the TV were on they would just sit there and watch it.
oh man, that was THE VERY BEST time to talk to the kids, when in the car. you have a captive audience lol. I sure can see it on long trips though
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
oh man, that was THE VERY BEST time to talk to the kids, when in the car. you have a captive audience lol. I sure can see it on long trips though
Yeah, we do most of our talking around the dinner table or in the living room (because the TV is off).. But yeah, you are right!
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 PM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Yeah, we do most of our talking around the dinner table or in the living room (because the TV is off).. But yeah, you are right!
you sound like damn good parents and your kids will grow up to be some great people
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
you sound like damn good parents and your kids will grow up to be some great people
I mostly credit my wife.... I'm generally too lazy to keep things up the way she has!

But thanks! So far, they are doing pretty well. I know my wife can't stand it when it is 10:30 at night in a store and some parent(s) are fussing at their child because the child is whining and fussing.... IT'S 10:30 AT NIGHT!! They are whiney and fussy due to not getting enough sleep... Some of it is common sense for me but my wife goes beyond what I would. I think it will show great results. All three of our kids were sleeping through the night after about 4-5 weeks!! She amazes me sometimes...
__________________

__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.