Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
And they gladly flash their Medicaid cards for the trip the hospital.
Yeah, trips to the hospital! What fun and luxury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
Again go to a big city and ride a shift with EMS. You'll see the full spectrum and come back here and aplogize for tell me its a crock.
I live in the city. I'm actively involved with a neighborhood association and volunteer for housing agencies and clean-up and renewal projects. I work and speak with people from all over the city, all over the socio-economic spectrum. I don't need a ride in an ambulance to give me perspective. I wake up every morning in it.

People who are car-broke on a caddy from some predatory lending-based, "no credit required" car dealer and big TV's and furniture rented from Aaron's or Rent-a-Center are not well off. They don't own anything. I'm not going to disagree with you that their priorities are out of wack, but do you think those people are taking their families to Disneyworld and trips to Europe twice a year? I'm sick and tired of people from the suburbs telling me that the "scumbags" in the city are living the high life on their tax dollars.

I'm not telling you you're not seeing what you're seeing. I just think you don't have the slightest clue what these peoples lives are really like.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
you freeloaders up there
Last time I checked, I paid taxes as well chief.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 PM  

Batavia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Yeah, trips to the hospital! What fun and luxury!

I live in the city. I'm actively involved with a neighborhood association and volunteer for housing agencies and clean-up and renewal projects. I work and speak with people from all over the city, all over the socio-economic spectrum. I don't need a ride in an ambulance to give me perspective. I wake up every morning in it.

People who are car-broke on a caddy from some predatory lending-based, "no credit required" car dealer and big TV's and furniture rented from Aaron's or Rent-a-Center are not well off. They don't own anything. I'm not going to disagree with you that their priorities are out of wack, but do you think those people are taking their families to Disneyworld and trips to Europe twice a year? I'm sick and tired of people from the suburbs telling me that the "scumbags" in the city are living the high life on their tax dollars.

I'm not telling you you're not seeing what you're seeing. I just think you don't have the slightest clue what these peoples lives are really like.
Not gonna argue this with you... Perception is everything... And with their Medicaid card in hand when we show up they expect us to life their 250+ lbs of dead ass weight up. They don't care that they can walk. They don't care that they are screwing up our backs cuz their lazy. Actually they tell us cuz they are paying for it!!!! Yeah I'm paying for it with my tax dollars. And a lot of taxes just by looking at my paycheck every week. And it's not just the "city" folk. It's everywhere. But being the cities are more dense in population that's where you see the most of it.

The system is broken in many ways. Well many of the systems are broken in many ways. I'd love to fix it all but I have no solution as I do not know all the details of them. And it will take more than one person or group to do it. A lot of states to fix that's for sure....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.