Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Hey Joel, have you considered........

turtle soup

Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
HAHAHA, LMAO Alex....the short answer is hell no, not in that place. I wish that I could have taken a pic about two weeks earlier, that place had hundreds of snappers, I've never seen that many in one place before. It was a rather awesome sight though....

Many years ago, there was a tavern that the owner kept 55gal drums full of water and snappers that he made into soup, when I was young and dumb, we would catch snappers, usually with a broom handle and hold it in front of the snapper. In quick fashion, the snapper would clamp down on the handle and would then be dropped into a big bucket. We'd take the snapper to the tavern and the owner would make us a cubed steak and onion w/butter sandwich...damn, they were good.

But, there were so many snappers in that area it was best to stay concealed....I'll never forget that place...lol

Old 07-04-2012, 10:30 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
To heck with soup. My older brother would boil turtles and then fry them on a grill. Melt in your mouth.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
To heck with soup. My older brother would boil turtles and then fry them on a grill. Melt in your mouth.
Yeah, that does sound good....
Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'd try that, it does sound good.

I have only seen a few snapping turtles around here, so when we found one that was about two and a half feet long lounging in our swimming hole, we were not too impressed.

Those things are nasty!

But we left it alone and haven't seen any in there since. It must have gone up river into the lake, or it's lurking somewhere else where there's less activity.

We do have quite a few other turtles basking in the bogs around our camp. I'll see if I can get some pictures this weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
GUUUUUYYYYYYYSSSSSSS ..... Here I am for 2-3 days to wash and put on repair my equipment for the next achievements.

Joel … I am glad to see you again with us – your garden remember me my parents – they use to love to do the same.

What about my tour – it was a suffering tour. At the first day I succeeded to fall from the bike and I injured my ribs baldly. Fortunately it happened in a grass area, I did not injured other bones or joints. But … I still am sleeping in one only position.

So, instead to do 1200 kilometers, I did only 600. I did not lose my over weight ... maybe next time ...

Never mind, it was really nice. I visited more of the places I intended.

I and my Important One visited the high places in Rila mountain, after I found out my son and his family at the sea side – we were together for 3 days.

I only did not seceded to meet Maya – I had to bicycle 300 more kilometers – it was not possible in this extremely hot June and July … last days was possible to bicycle only to 11 am ...

Several photos now
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-013.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-133.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-046.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-074.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-161.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-168.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-172.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-186.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-200.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-208.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Looks like a great trip Borislav! Sorry to hear bout the ribs, I've cracked a few, and it is not pleasant when it hurts everytime you laugh or cough.

Love the pictures, especially the one of the cute little girl with the proud grandfather.

I've heading up to my cabin for the weekend this afternoon and hope to spend most of my time there in the water or in front of a fire.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've heading up to my cabin for the weekend this afternoon and hope to spend most of my time there in the water or in front of a fire.

It sounds great !!! ... Tomorrow I will go to my Important One ? but ? it seems she will have problems with her vacancy ? if yes, I must create new plans for the next 40 days ?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Great pics Borislav...!! That looks like a wonderful adventure, do you make camp fires when you stop for the night? I'm envious that you can get away from work and all other things for such a long time, I guess things just work a little differently over there....

And, it's good to be back with old friends........!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Great pics Borislav...!! That looks like a wonderful adventure, do you make camp fires when you stop for the night? I'm envious that you can get away from work and all other things for such a long time, I guess things just work a little differently over there....

And, it's good to be back with old friends........!!!!

Evenings I am too tired to do a fire Joel, especially in the hot summer evenings … usually at 8 pm my tent is set up, I slip into it, research the map, take a little pin nuts and whiskey … listen to the radio …

Well … maybe here things are not so different than other places, but I am not so ambitions in my work … I intend to enjoy of all I love next days, and when at the 10th of Sept I go working, I will find my colleagues so tired having grey faces … all the summer they were working to get money … I do not know why they need so much money … or they need to be great … I do not know, not easy for me to understand it … well … some more photos …
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-048.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-093.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-108.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-112.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-114.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-123.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-159.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-192.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-206.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.