Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 AM  

Everett, WA
My Friends Dog Needs Help!!!!!!!

My friends dog is losing its hair around its back legs, tail, abdomin and seems to be realy tinder in the spots of hair loss. This started about a week a go hes a 9 years old male Rat Terrier. I've been looking all over the web trying to find some answers. I Realy Hope Someone Here Can Help PLZ.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:49 AM  

It sounds like hot spots to me. The normal remedy is to apply a pet safe topical medicine along with a prescription from your vet in order to keep the pet calm for a week or so, until the skin has a chance to heal. There are several other possible concerns, such as poisons or allergies, so I would recommend a trip to the vet to be safe.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 AM  

Everett, WA
thats what i thought. but he trys to bit you every time you get close to the spots where the hair is gone
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM  

Sammamish, WA
He will need to get one of those cones you put on their head (like a lampshade)
to keep the dog from licking the sore spots, and that will also help prevent the biting. If it gets worse he'll have to go to the vet and they can either tranquilize or muzzle him during the examination.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
He will need to get one of those cones you put on their head (like a lampshade)
to keep the dog from licking the sore spots, and that will also help prevent the biting. If it gets worse he'll have to go to the vet and they can either tranquilize or muzzle him during the examination.
Also know as: "The cone of shame!"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!