Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
I've never had them...by bomb, do you mean stink bomb??
Or are they really good?
I've had them and they fall into both categories.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 AM  

Many bars have the pickled quail eggs and they taste great!

Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've had them and they fall into both categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Many bars have the pickled quail eggs and they taste great!
I guess that I'll have to find some....

Have I mentioned, I like getting pickled...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
You should make some pickled eggs Borislav, they are easy to make and very good. Here's a good recipe Egg Recipes, Egg Recipe Collection - Egg Farmers of Ontario.

Here it will be 4C and snowing, so I don't think I will be riding my bike. But I may take the Jeep out for some fun in the snow.
Alex, it sounds delicious and I definitely will try it when I fill with enthusiasm.

But several questions are arising:
- “10 whole cloves” … what they do mean: cloves of garlic or CLOVE-gillyflower … it is not cleared in my dictionaries:
- “Refrigerate for at least 2 days before using” …. i.e. after preparing of the liquid to leave it 2 x 24 hours in the fridge before putting the eggs in it?
- Which kind of salad do you prepare using these eggs? (we prepare: boiled eggs, white cheese, onion and mayonnaise / oil and vinegar);
- What does it mean “devilled eggs”.
Here we do have a spring time ... the skiing people are very desapointed ... but bucyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
I've made sausage, not the kind you guys are talking about, and it's hard.

Hey Bob! Long time no see friend, how's Bulgaria?
Hi Fu !!! … I am glad to see you in our pub … in fact you are the first lady visiting our pub … WELLCOME … What about BG – this country is getting odder and odder … I am not sure if possible to express like that …
Boys, I get know this lady from:
http://www.twospoke.com/forum/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I rode my bike into work this morning nd forgot my gloves.

By the time got in, the cracks on my hand were bleeding. I thought, I should turn and get my gloves, then I though, naw, it won't be that bad.
Austin … long ago one winter it happened to me too … It was February, I bicycled a distance of 80 km and in the last part of the road there was 6 km down the hill and I felt frozen … luckily a little restaurant appeared near the road and owner brought me back to the live me with 2 big cups of brandy and several cups of tea … brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr …. I called after my friend having a van, so he drove me home ….

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 01-10-2011, 12:53 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post

Alex, it sounds delicious and I definitely will try it when I fill with enthusiasm.

- ?10 whole cloves? ? what they do mean: cloves of garlic or CLOVE-gillyflower ? it is not cleared in my dictionaries:
- ?Refrigerate for at least 2 days before using? ?. i.e. after preparing of the liquid to leave 2 x 24 hours in the fridge before putting in it the eggs?
- Which kind of salad do you prepare using these eggs? (we prepare: boiled eggs, white cheese, onion and mayonnaise / oil and vinegar);
- What does it mean ?devilled eggs?.
Here we do have a spring time ... the skiing people are very desapointed ... but bucyclists.

Hi Fu !!! ? I am glad to see you in our pub ? in fact you are the first lady visiting our pub ? WELLCOME ? What about BG ? this country is getting odder and odder ? I am not sure if possible to express like that ?

Austin ? long ago one winter it happened to me too ? It was February, I bicycled a distance of 80 km and in the last part of the road there was 6 km down the hill and I felt frozen ? luckily a little restaurant appeared near the road and owner brought me back to the live me with 2 big cups of brandy and several cups of tea ? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?. I called after my friend having a van, so he drove me home ?.
I call my wife, same basic principle.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:

- ?10 whole cloves? ? what they do mean: cloves of garlic or CLOVE-gillyflower ? it is not cleared in my dictionaries:
- ?Refrigerate for at least 2 days before using? ?. i.e. after preparing of the liquid to leave it 2 x 24 hours in the fridge before putting the eggs in it?
- What does it mean ?devilled eggs?.

Hi Fu !!! ? I am glad to see you in our pub ? in fact you are the first lady visiting our pub ? WELLCOME ? What about BG ? this country is getting odder and odder ? I am not sure if possible to express like that ?

Austin ? long ago one winter it happened to me too ? It was February, I bicycled a distance of 80 km and in the last part of the road there was 6 km down the hill and I felt frozen ? luckily a little restaurant appeared near the road and owner brought me back to the live me with 2 big cups of brandy and several cups of tea ? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?. I called after my friend having a van, so he drove me home ?.
Cloves of garlic

You prepare the pickling fluid, pour it into the jar with the eggs, close the jar and leave in the fridge for at least two days. The longer you leave it there, the better it gets.

I never make a salad with pickled eggs, I just eat them right from the jar. I usually cut them into 4 pieces and eat them just like you would a normal pickle, as a side dish with something like a salami sandwich on baguette .

Devilled eggs are also good, but too much work for me. Here's one of many recipes. The caviar is optional. I prefer a tiny sliver of anchovy myself.

Egg Recipes, Egg Recipe Collection - Egg Farmers of Ontario

I was shopping yesterday and found some pickled pig tongues. I did not buy them, but I will soon just to see how they taste.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM  

Austin
Quote:

I'm a guy, it's OK, it's not the first time it's happened. Something about the way I write gives people the impression I'm a lady.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
I'm a guy, it's OK, it's not the first time it's happened. Something about the way I write gives people the impression I'm a lady.
LOL. That there is funny.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria

Quote:

... GOOOOOOD GOD ... I have opened widely my ayes very quickly this morning ? a cup of rakia for all the guys in the pub early this morning ?

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM  

That is some funny stuff Bob! Cheers to rakia, whatever that is!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.