Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Good luck Boris!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
THANK YOU BOYS … I had really not easy day, but it is over and now I intend to sleep …. and tomorrow …. The weekend is coming … This time I have not plans …. Sleeping of first … even no rakia this evening ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Zzzzzz.....zzzzzzzz.....
Sweet dreams Borislav.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
It is time to get off of the rusty,dusty and plant....

Tomorrow, it begins....prep work and I'm gonna drop some lettuce seed..do a little work on my potato mound, just stuff...it was 60*f here today, noticed a floater in my fish pond..bummer, it was an old one too, some of my goldfish were introduced in '92 and I keep an eye on them, so does my lab..lol, he likes to watch them.

So, tomorrow night I'll have an aching back and hopefully get a good start on the garden.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Well. I just took a look and we still have about 1-2 feet of snow covering our yard. I won't be able to till the soil or do anything around here till about May.

My goal this year in the garden, apart from growing stuff, is to replace my rustic cedar trellis. I hope to post before and after pictures later in the year once the ground thaws out.

We grow a lot of wildflowers in our garden. Morning Glories and cucumbers share the same soil.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:19 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Well. I just took a look and we still have about 1-2 feet of snow covering our yard. I won't be able to till the soil or do anything around here till about May.

My goal this year in the garden, apart from growing stuff, is to replace my rustic cedar trellis. I hope to post before and after pictures later in the year once the ground thaws out.

We grow a lot of wildflowers in our garden. Morning Glories and cucumbers share the same soil.
It is early for me too, today is going to be mostly a clean up, cutting stems, raking and such. I have some lettuce seeds from last year that can go in and we'll see how that goes.

My gardens started as flower beds and have evolved into 75% veggies, my rhubarb is peeking outa the soil now and I'm anxious to start eating fresh lettuce and spinach. We usually grow bush beans, but this year my wife wants to grow pole beans, so I gotta make some poles.

Several years ago, I made a trellis from a lot of big grape vines. Some of the woods around here have them growing wild and they get huge, they're easy to bend and form too...have you ever heard of hardy hibiscus? (I've got a ton of it)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:44 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Well Hell, did the garden clean up, back feels good, beers are tasting real good and I'm done for today.......

Checked the asparagus patch, looks good. The only stuff peeking out is the rhubarb, some daylillies, and these little white bell looking flowers that I don't remember planting..lol

Had a real nice fire going to burn all the dead stalks and the remaining fish are looking well...good day, all around.(it's 37*f now)
Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
It is time to get off of the rusty,dusty and plant....

Tomorrow, it begins....prep work and I'm gonna drop some lettuce seed..do a little work on my potato mound, just stuff...it was 60*f here today, noticed a floater in my fish pond..bummer, it was an old one too, some of my goldfish were introduced in '92 and I keep an eye on them, so does my lab..lol, he likes to watch them.

So, tomorrow night I'll have an aching back and hopefully get a good start on the garden.
Hi wizards … !!! Has somebody ever tasted gold fishes?
In the late autumn 1976 I was a first year student … we were 4 good friends and one evening we were very hungry … so, close to the lodging of one of us there was a small fountain and gold fishes in it. At 11 am we went outside and one of us (not me) caught several … they taste just like a carp (Cyprinidae) …

Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm glad you didn't say they taste just like chicken
Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm glad you didn't say they taste just like chicken
Almost like chicken tasted frog?s legs ? but it is other army story ?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.