Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
So you think that Christianity should rule over all other religions in school, government etc.? If I were say, Jewish, I should be forced in school to look at Christian symbols? If I were say, Hindu, Christian symbols should be displayed on a public building that I pay equally to support?
Many years ago, when I was in school, I had a good friend who was Jewish, and every year at Christmas time, he was forced to go into the auditorium and participate In a Christmas program or miss school. You think that is fair? His parents paid in as much if not more in taxes as my parents.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM  
American

In my school we discussed and celebrated any religion one of my classmates wanted too. In this way we were all exposed to different ideas and we were allowed to think about them for ourselves. No one was forced and no one was denied. It's freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

Most people need the moral compass religions provide. The proof is the downward spiral of our culture, the connection of that to the destruction of our religion is growing larger everyday.

The world is not a better place for the lack of God. When people think there will be no consequence to their actions they do not behave as well in general. It's just human nature.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:38 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
We should all have a freedom from or for all religions. But when Christian symbols are displayed on public property, that infringes on the rights of others who are not Christians. How would Christians like it if a Menorah was in all public buildings, or a copy of the Quran was used in swearing in ceremonies?
Christians can be as bad as anyone at pushing their religion down other people's throats.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
I support freedom...they are free to go to hell. I don't care what they think but they have pushed what they think on the rest of us. I like nativity scenes on courthouse squares. I thing we should be allowed prayers in schools. There is no such thing as separation of church and state in our Constitution. That is a big lie. It was mentioned in the federalist papers but is not a law.

I can't see enough bad things happen to them for what they have done to our country.
wow, you believe in the OPPOSITE of freedom, you want a Theocracy, there are huge differences between the two so at least state the correct one you believe in. If you want freedom then that means you will not agree with every use someone else does with their freedom or restrict what freedoms they shall have based on your beliefs.

so again be honest with yourself and understand that you are anti-freedom
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
The world is not a better place for the lack of God. When people think there will be no consequence to their actions they do not behave as well in general. It's just human nature.
(Edit: the Christian) religion teaches no accountability, remember the whole all your sins are forgiven crap. no the real issue is that if people don't have a leader will be forced to THINK for themselves and not see everything as black or white right/wrong but actually have to consider what is ethically and morally right, not what some people say was said 2000 years ago and put into a book as the source for every answer.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
religion teaches no accountability
This is not entirely true. There are some religions that have major accountability - the #1 cardinal sin is stupidity. If you eff up - its your own skin that will pay the consequence. (And no tolerance for lawbreakers and other d-bags) What religion is this?
Noneother than Satanism.

Dont get me wrong, I am far from a practicing (ANY religion) but in my brief interest in learning more about other religions, it seemed that (while UTTERLY self centered) Satanism was about accountability to you and you only.

Just humor yourself and read some of the commandments - I had to stop reading when they started getting into the incantations and chants crap (thats when it started to get 'weird') IMO. But it did make it make alot more sense and a helluva lot less 'scary' and 'mysterious'.

(Oh and a little spoiler - There is no 'Devil' and 'Hell' is an imaginary place)
Dont confuse the true religion with 'Devil Worshippers' and crap like that - these clowns are just as bad as some of your more modern 'good' religions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.