Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
You deny the written history of the Roman Empire? That is where the story is of the Bible being compiled.
You deny the written history of the Roman Empire? = No.

That is where the story is of the Bible being compiled. = No, laughably incorrect. The Roman Empire began approximately 753 BC....that's negotiable. And, Bible history is recorded from approximately 1400 BC and that's negotiable. What is NOT negotiable is the fact that there is significant difference in 753 BC and 1400 BC. And, BTW, 1400 BC came before 753 BC.

I'm sure there is someone who believes that the Bible began in Rome, besides yourself, but.......actually, I'm at a loss for words!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 PM  

All doctrines have consequences. Almost w/o exception Christian doctrines somehow have roots in replacement theology. More than ten years ago I realized that what I was involved in was not going to provoke the Jews to jealousy (see Rom 11:11). Also after spending a month or so reading and re-reading Ephesians I became interested in the "one new man".

The result was that I began to study the Hebraic roots of Christianity to find that we had essentially hijacked the Jewish Messiah and invented a new religion. As a result I am now non-denominational associating both with Messianic Jews and Hebraic roots Christians. The journey is refreshing as there is no need to decide among such factions as Futurist, Preterist or Historicist, instead just read the Bible as a Jewish document. Just today I learned of a website (FFOZ.org) that appears to be worthy of looking into.

BTW I don't think the earth is only 2000 years old, the flood probably occurred somewhere between 3000 and 2000 BC creating all those fossils the evolutionists love to dig up and categorize.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
You deny the written history of the Roman Empire? = No.

That is where the story is of the Bible being compiled. = No, laughably incorrect. The Roman Empire began approximately 753 BC....that's negotiable. And, Bible history is recorded from approximately 1400 BC and that's negotiable. What is NOT negotiable is the fact that there is significant difference in 753 BC and 1400 BC. And, BTW, 1400 BC came before 753 BC.

I'm sure there is someone who believes that the Bible began in Rome, besides yourself, but.......actually, I'm at a loss for words!
The Bible was compiled by Constantine's Priests from a loose assembly of Holy books. That's real history. Not the fairy tales told in church.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:00 PM  

Lebanon, OH
I grew up in a hell fire and brimstone old time religion KJV bible believing church, the kind that are few and far between in this day and age.

I can't get into the "mega church" thing with a stage where the pulpit is with a back up rock band and jumbotrons.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.