Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM  
A2

Pro Weed Cops Coming

BELIEVE IT

http://www.leap.cc/webcal/view_entry.php?id=3234

Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM  

prison and leo lobbyists would never allow legalization to happen. its their bred and butter.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:20 PM  
Unregistered

Pro Weed Cops

There have been pro-weed cops for a long time. Being vocal about it usually meant not being a cop for long. I have friends who claim to have bought weed from SM cops in the 70s. Most cops would rather not bother weed smokers. They know it's not a big deal. Check the Lincoln quote in the legalization thread.
There are powerful forces who want weed illegal for economic reasons. Read the book cited in the legalization thread.
Many cops will just "confiscate" weed when they find it, unless you're a total jerk or have committed a serious crime they can add to.
I doubt they will ever legalize weed.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:56 AM  

Read the crazy **** the hippies post on here and you will realize there are some bad long term side effects of pot. Like blogging to your self.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:33 AM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
Read the crazy **** the hippies post on here and you will realize there are some bad long term side effects of pot. Like blogging to your self.
Heh.

That and depression. Seriously. I know several long-term users with SERIOUS depression problems.

Of course, lots of things have bad side effects. The problem with weed is that you have one side saying that it causes all kinds of problems that it probably doesn't and the other side saying that there are no harmful effects. So, most rational people just avoid the whole discussion.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:22 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Heh.

That and depression. Seriously. I know several long-term users with SERIOUS depression problems.

Of course, lots of things have bad side effects. The problem with weed is that you have one side saying that it causes all kinds of problems that it probably doesn't and the other side saying that there are no harmful effects. So, most rational people just avoid the whole discussion.
OK I was seriously joking. There are a lot of mentally ill people self medicating wherethere it's booze, pot, harder stuff, that's more a statement about our society's hang ups with mental illness and treating it like something besides a health problem.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:45 AM  

San Marcos
I knew you were joking. I'm not sure Cybil did...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
OK I was seriously joking. There are a lot of mentally ill people self medicating wherethere it's booze, pot, harder stuff, that's more a statement about our society's hang ups with mental illness and treating it like something besides a health problem.
I pretty much agree - why is it that we're so anti-pot, but so pro-alcohol? I'm not trying to reduce things, but I'd rather ride with someone smoking pot than with someone drinking alcohol. But if I had to be around an addict of some sort and I was single, I'd pick the female sex addicts.

But in all seriousness, has anyone really done an impact analysis of marijuana legalization?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 PM  
Unregistered

Legal Weed For Cops

Nobody deserves to relax with a joint more than cops who put their lives on the line for society. Bad laws are not their fault.

I know a guy with serious depression who doesn't smoke weed. Seems like a strange connection to make for a drug that causes euphoria.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 PM  

seriously depressing argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Seriously. I know several long-term users with SERIOUS depression problems.

Come on, there are lots of SERIOUSLY depressed people who don't use weed.
Where's the connection? Maybe they'd be worse without weed. Maybe they're multiple drug abusers. Maybe they have a family history of depression. Maybe they're depressed because of being scared of getting busted. Maybe rational people who avoid the whole discussion are the problem. Maybe we should continue to waste billions of dollars on a stupid and counter productive 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should all get drunk and watch american idol.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.