Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 PM  

You just have to face the reality that not only does SM have to compete with Austin and San Antonio for nightlife, but its crippled right out of the gate by the lame drinking hours laws.

Also, if anything, please please please don't open another see & be-seen bar *cough* Rocky's *cough* Dillinger's *cough* Green Parot *cough* Nephew's *cough* Sean Patrick's *cough*. If I wanted to see pretentious spoiled brats, I'd go to one of many we already have.

These are a shame to the bar industry for ****ty selection, ****ty prices, and usually ****ty setups like: music always being too loud and ****ty, inability to get a beer faster than I can brew one myself, etc.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM  

what this town needs...

is a good local bar in the Joe's, now Saltgrass, building. Something akin to the Crown and Anchor in Austin. If Joe's wasn't making money, then I don't see how the Saltgrass is going to survive more than a year. This town lacks a good student bar with a dog friendly porch where you can study, drink, surf the web, shoot the odd game of pool or darts, and eat at reasonable prices. The River Pub is o.k., but they are actively trying to be more of a restaurant where you can drink, rather than a bar where you can get good cheap food.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:46 PM  

one problem is that SM is pretty stingy with their liquor licenses. Many places have gone out of business waiting for one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.