Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 03:02 PM  

Everett, WA
where to go

as said before, there are tons of places, justa couple of unmentioned places, the capital forest, cle elum, kititas, just to name a few

Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM  

Silverdale, WA
All sorts of stuff out here. A lot has been mentioned, but there are also thousands of miles of roads in the national forests to check out as well.

If you plan the right trip, you can get up and over the Cascades via trails and see how the geography, climate and vegetation change from the west to the east side.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM  

Walla Walla, WA
Sounds like everywhere you go trails are being closed. Something needs to be done to protect the rights of us 4x4 owners to ensure we have a place to wheel and enjoy nature.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 PM  

Silverdale, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05jeeper View Post
Sounds like everywhere you go trails are being closed. Something needs to be done to protect the rights of us 4x4 owners to ensure we have a place to wheel and enjoy nature.
That is the case in some areas. But groups have proven it's still not impossible to open new trails. Check out Home and see how their efforts have paid off in the Yacolt Burn Area of Washington. Oddly enough, from what I read, the biggest hurdle they faced was convincing people in the 4x4 community that it could be done. So many people take a defeatist attitude that they give up before the fight begins.

If you are concerned about trail closures in your area, get active and track down the forest service and trail meetings. Many of the bigger 4x4 forums have a sub forum specifically dedicated to ORV issues. Same for the small regional and local forums.

Getting out and going to the meetings, or at least supporting via e-mail and letter go a long way in helping out our cause.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMXJ View Post
Don?t come, its crowded and the taxes are high. The liberals in Seattle ruin all the good stuff for the rest of the state (shutting down the back country and locking us out of the woods). Stay where there is still freedom to ring.
X2, If I could I would pack up and move down to Colorado.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM  

Tacoma
youtube elbe busywild there are some pretty good 4x4 trails in washington
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM  

Tacoma, WA
I was in Elbe last week. I love it up there. JP Mag did a thing there a while back.

Jeep Snow Wheeling - JP Magazine
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 AM  

Buckley, WA
It's only Tahuya.....right?? Havn't been there yet, but then it's hard to get me anywhere when Evans is in my backyard. I think almost everybody I know has a "It's only Tahuya story or two Did go to Elbe a few weeks ago, had a blast, as usual.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 AM  

Olympic Penn

Any clubs/trails around the Port Townsend area? Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTJRubi View Post
Any clubs/trails around the Port Townsend area? Thanks
my neighbor and i are trying to find a local club to out with in the monroe area, most of time when we try to go out we find a lot of gated off roads. it seems kinda hard to find a legal fun place to go. but what do i know.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!