Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM  

Greenville, South Carolina
Places to eat

I recently visited The Peddler in Greenville, an I must say it is my new favorite for steak. Great atmosphere too. Others would be Pomegranate in the west end, and The pompous pig in Anderson.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 PM  
ian

Pendleton, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenEagle View Post
Also, if you are looking for a quick bite of the drive-in/barbecue variety, Cookout restaurant in Spartanburg is an awesome place to stop by. As the name would imply, they offer typical cook out fair of exceptional quality that tastes like something you might grill at home. It's also great for anyone on a budget, as $6 should get you more delicious food than you could ever hope to finish. I really dont know how they make any profit.
They just opened one of those in Clemson, I have to agree - the burgers taste just like something off a backyard grill. Very good!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:46 PM  

Greenville, SC
I like to find small off-the-trail type places.

Greenville has lots of these.
There's a very small Vietnamese restaurant on Pleasantburg just about 1/4 mile south of Bob Jones Univ on the west side of the road.

A small Indian food store (and you can eat there) called Swad is at 1421 Laurens Rd. They are fantastic. And they give takeout.

5 guys burgers and fries on Pelham and also on Congaree Rd are pretty much the best burgers I've found in the USA. Not exactly small hole in the wall as I indicated, but it's so good you still should try it.

Cheers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads