Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Hacked

So the wife went out with the kiddos last night so I decided I finally deserve to relax, blew the dust off the PS3 and got online to play a game of COD.

However, I guess COD got expoited now? Login and the account is completely hacked. Have every single weapon, can move fast, people have radar on them to target faster. Annoying. I guess no one is playing anymore?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM  
Poison Idea

No, your account isn't hacked, the game (the round you're in, not the actual game) got modded by someone.

MW2 has horrible security and it's easily client side modded so that it effects everyone. It's more likely to happen to now that Black Ops is out and most people have moved over to it.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's too bad. I played MW2 on 360 for a bit and never had any problems. Haven't even gotten online with black ops on ps3 yet.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM  
Poison Idea

Iirc the problem was far worse on PS3 because the service is free and doesn't have anywhere near the dedicated security and resources Live has. Should see it on PC through Steam though, it's even worse than PS3. It uses IW's crappy security, not Steam's VAC, so nearly every game you play is full of aimbots and hackers. What really sucks is if you're in a hacked game and IWnet picks it up it doesn't ban the person modding the game, it bans everyone in the game and you can't appeal Steam bans. I got permabanned on it right after I hit 70 that way and I tried for months to get Steam to lift the ban but they won't even reply to appeals.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I stopped playing and fired up the newest COD. Like it less though, almost impossible to play against people who have Prestiged and have all the perks.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 PM  
Poison Idea

Only at first, it get's a lot easier, though it's not as quick to pick up as 4 or MW2. Harder to see people on the Treyarch CoDs and they don't play the same because they use a different, crappier engine. Also the weapons you start with in BO aren't that great.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!