Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 AM  

Franklin, TN
TN Restaurants Reviews

This is a work in progress, I'm starting to write out my reviews today, will be posting them soon!

It seems Tennessee has more family run, small country style diners, meat 'n threes and and hidden jems spread out throughout he state than anywhere I've ever lived...finding them is the hard part! If you've found a great place to eat and want to clue a few people in on it; write a review of the place you visited and post it by replying hear. I'll add a link to the place below!

Please include:
  • Type of restaurant
  • Pricing (Just kinda give a general "allot for a little" or "a little for allot"...if you can remember)
  • A short review describing atmosphere, employees or whatever you think makes the restaurant appealing and worth re-visiting!

Also, if you have any pictures of the place, post them at the bottom of the reply (please keep the pictures small!)

Please DO NOT review chains, unless there's only a few or they are only in the TN area.

If a restaurant is already reviewed, don't worry! Submit your review so there isn't just one persons thoughts!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 AM  

Franklin, TN
Mere Bulles

Sorry it's taken me so long to get started here...work is crazy..
Mere Bulles
Location: Off Maryland way in Brentwood, TN; about a minute from interstate 65 - [
map
]

Mere Bulles doesn't really fall into a category of restaurant, it's menue ranges from Grilled Atlantic Mahi-Mahi to Steak Salads, all of which looked delicious.
I had the privilege of trying several dishes. The Voodoo Pasta was excellent, had a bit of a spicy kick to it with tasty grilled chicken in a great pasta sauce. I also loved the Salmon Spinach Salad; grilled salmon, bleu cheese, homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, it was perfect.

The cheapest thing on their lunch menu was $7.99, while the most was $14.99. Not bad at all for a sit down restaurant, especially considering the portion sizes you receive.

Mere Bulles is an old plantation turned into a fine dinning restaurant. They have great service, excellent food, a wide selection of wines, and awesome deserts.

All in all, I found the food to be delightful, the atmosphere great, and had a genuinely good time. Definitely will be going back.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM  

Biloxi, MS
Ridgewood Barbecue in Bluff City, TN. Great back woods BBQ. Google for address. Not too pricey, about $10 per person. You must have the pork sandwich with slaw and the baked beans are the best around. I think they built the place in an abandoned gas station a long time ago. It been there as long as I can remember. Laid back atmosphere, very casual. The ladies that work there have been there forever.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM  

Paris, TN
If you ever visit Paris, TN home of the worlds largest fish fry you must try the Olive Pit. Located on Mineral Wells Ave. Service is excellent, food prices are very reasonable. I suggest the OP spaghetti pie. I am of Italian heritage, and grew up in New York, this is as good as any restaurant in 'Little Italy".
Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM  

johnson city, tn
red pig bbq in johnson city tn.

simple menu (mostly just bbq), but it is darn good!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 AM  

Dickson, Tennessee
Sisters Restaurant in Dickson Tn. Best Country Cookin'
Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 AM  

Dickson, Tennessee
Country Boy in Leipers Fork.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM  

Horn Lake, MS
I'd recommend Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken on Millbranch Road in Memphis, TN. It's been on the food network. It's a little dive, hole in the wall place but the owner and staff are friendly and they serve the best fried chicken I have ever eaten.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM  
rub a dub dub

between your ears talking to ya, Georgia
GUS's fried chicken [/thread]
Old 10-14-2010, 11:54 AM  

Chattanooga, TN
Boccaccia LLCAddress:‎
3077 Broad St
Chattanooga, TN 37408-3056

True authentic italian (no chicken parmesean). Awsome. Bruchetta had Buffalo mozarela cheese! Amazing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Bookmark this Page!