Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 PM  

Albany, NY
Every town has their bad parts, every state has something you dislike about them. On a positive note, In Albany I feel like I'm close to everything... NYC, Massachusetts, Vermont, The Adirondacks, The Catskills etc... Everything I need is at most a day trip away. There is tons to do around here and its a beautiful place to live (although winter is sometimes less than desired). The only complaints I have are costs of living. Taxes in NY are off the charts.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by dap325 View Post
Every town has their bad parts, every state has something you dislike about them. On a positive note, In Albany I feel like I'm close to everything... NYC, Massachusetts, Vermont, The Adirondacks, The Catskills etc... Everything I need is at most a day trip away. There is tons to do around here and its a beautiful place to live (although winter is sometimes less than desired). The only complaints I have are costs of living. Taxes in NY are off the charts.
That high cost of living is in part why I moved away from there back in 1983. I just can't imagine how expensive it is to live there today. One more thing that add to the cost of living there that many don't consider is the road salt that is put out by the ton in the winter. It just eats a car right up. That is one big advantage to living here in New Mexico.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.