Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 PM  

tucson, az
I'd say we should combine a wheeling and wine tasting trip to my neck of the woods round elgin but .........

Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 PM  

Elgin - Sonoita in south east Arizona have several vineyards. I have been going to them for several years now. The wine seems to be getting better all the time and I would say is quite good now. A few years ago it was hit or miss. The number of vineyards keep increasing every year. My favorites are Calligans, Sonoita, Lightning Ridge and Winhelm. The Steak house in Sonoita is awesome. I recommend a visit if you like wine.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM  

Denver, Co
Maynard's wines are actually quite good. I've had the Chubacabra and a few others and have not been disappointed. He also collaborates with another grower named Eric Glomsky (not sure of the spelling) who owns Page Springs (which is another good Arizona wine) to form Arizona Stronghold. I've had some of each of the three and all have been really good.

I suggest you go up to Jerome and do a tasting at Maynard's store, Caduceus. I thought it was worth the trip.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:02 PM  

tucson, az
The Steak Out in Sonoita has fantastic local t bone, never had any wine there....clinton served Callagan at the white house and I aint talking about white castle and ripple...the elgin winery area (house across the street) is where they filmed much of Oklahoma for you movie buffs
Old 11-23-2010, 02:40 PM  

Sedona, AZ
Don't forget about the Alcantara Vineyards south of Sedona. Have a chat with Barbara the owner. She is a fun gal. Alcantara Vineyards
Old 12-16-2010, 07:36 AM  

Tempe, AZ
Alcantara is a great local winery, the Predmores who own and operate it are all great people. Arizona Stronghold is a great wine for the price, the white blend has Malvasia in it. Not to common to find.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 PM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
Sonoita and Patagonia between Sierra Vista and Nogales are home to a handfull. If I'm not mistaken the lead singer of 'Tool' owns one out here.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Elgin - Sonoita in south east Arizona have several vineyards.
The Elgin triangle is a winery area, but the vineyards blend their grapes with others grown in the Wilcox area for better wines...

Go Figure

Rancher

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.