Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Jackass!

Ryan Dunn's Porsche -- Built for Speed
HTML Code:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/ryan-dunn-dead-dies-jackass-porsche-crash-photos-pennsylvania/
Never heard of Ryan Dunn
Never heard of Jackass
I do think Dunn & Jackass fit well together.

Quote:
Ryan Dunn's Porsche 911 GT3 -- the car he was driving during his fatal crash this morning -- was capable of hitting speeds around 190 miles per hour ... and TMZ has obtained photos of the vehicle.
Dunn was driving the Porsche early Monday morning -- when he lost control, veered off the road, and crashed in a wooded area in Pennsylvania ... killing Dunn and an unidentified passenger.

When officers arrived to the scene, the car was engulfed in flames. The charred remains of the vehicle were eventually towed away.

Cops are investigating the cause of the accident -- but officials believe speed may have been a factor.
Jackass!-0620-dunn-porsche-ex-01-credit.jpg 

Jackass!-0620-dunn-porsche-subasset-02-credit-1-.jpg 

Jackass!-0620-ryan-car-assetr.jpg 

Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I was sorry to hear that, I like Ryan Dunn. He was one of my favorite guys from Jackass and he was one of the reason I enjoyed Viva La Bam.

I will miss him. He was just on minute to win it. This is a shame.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:17 PM  
fustrated genius

Never heard of the guy . . . sorry he and the "unidentified" passenger were killed though. Mine's capable of doing the speed limit useless a steep hill get in it's way, then we may go a little bit slower.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I was sorry to hear that, I like Ryan Dunn. He was one of my favorite guys from Jackass and he was one of the reason I enjoyed Viva La Bam.

I will miss him. He was just on minute to win it. This is a shame.
I agree on the shame part. At 18 I could take a fast car on a marginal road to 120 and be comfortable. By 30 I noticed anything above 110 felt "loose" and less within my control. 36 years later I'll sometimes need to hit 90 to extricate myself from highway setup situations but those are rare.

About 20 years ago I needed a car fast and bought a used Mustang. It was not stock and was able to reach insane speeds faster than any car I've owned.

I have a lead foot but that Mustang went past my comfort levels fast and often. One day the accelerator linkage stuck and gave me a couple thrilling moments before I shut it off.

I gave the Mustang to the tow truck operator in exchange for being dropped off at the nearest car lot. He looked to be 18 so I figured it wouldn't kill him. He easily freed the jam but I wouldn't change my mind. I knew that car could kill me with one mistake.

Viva La Bam? seriously?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
You didn't like it? It had it's moments.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:02 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Zachary Hartwell is the passenger. He was only thirty. Sad. I have a zero tolerance policy for drunk driving. I cannot feel sorry for his actions, but I am sorry this happened to an innocent passenger. Glad he didn't hit another car though.

This is the last photo Ryan Dunn tweeted just prior to his and Zach's accident.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
You didn't like it? It had it's moments.
"Moments" were not how I'd describe it. It was more like "air time". The CCC built a 3 mile highway along the crest of Mt. Penn above Reading PA. It's the straight for the finish of the Duryea Hill Climb. At 7AM it's deserted and unpatrolled so I used it to check the top end of a fast car.
High speeds turn a few gentle dips into hang time events but a 390 Merc took them with ease. The Mustang stayed up so long I needed a pilots license. On ramps were the most trouble. The car seemed to avoid any speeds between 45 and 90 mph.
I replaced it with a Barracuda that while fast still respected gravity.

sorry Austin, a reread tells me you were referring to La Bam which I'd not heard of.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
Zachary Hartwell is the passenger. He was only thirty. Sad. I have a zero tolerance policy for drunk driving. I cannot feel sorry for his actions, but I am sorry this happened to an innocent passenger. Glad he didn't hit another car though.

This is the last photo Ryan Dunn tweeted just prior to his and Zach's accident.
Poor choice. Then again Governor Perry just advised us he's on the Tweeter so maybe few will notice.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
"Moments" were not how I'd describe it. It was more like "air time". The CCC built a 3 mile highway along the crest of Mt. Penn above Reading PA. It's the straight for the finish of the Duryea Hill Climb. At 7AM it's deserted and unpatrolled so I used it to check the top end of a fast car.
High speeds turn a few gentle dips into hang time events but a 390 Merc took them with ease. The Mustang stayed up so long I needed a pilots license. On ramps were the most trouble. The car seemed to avoid any speeds between 45 and 90 mph.
I replaced it with a Barracuda that while fast still respected gravity.

sorry Austin, a reread tells me you were referring to La Bam which I'd not heard of.

Maybe you're not the intended audience. Do you like Jackass?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.