Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2023, 01:00 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
Killers of the Flower Moon

Killers of the Flower Moon is a historical drama about the mysterious death of members of the Osage in Oklahoma in the 1920s. It is 3 1/2 hours long and kind of slow, but it keeps your interest. A note of warning, there is no intermission!
The only Native American in the movie that I recognized immediately was Tantou Cardinal, who played the mother of the main character. Larry Sellers was listed in the closing credits, but I didn't see him.
The two main white characters are played by Robert DeNiro and Leonardo DiCaprio. The plot is a cross between Dancing with Wolves and The Godfather! Leonardo DiCaprio is not aging well. The third hour of the movie is a courtroom drama about the trial of the murderers. It looked too much like the thousands of courtroom scenes we've seen on TV. The lawyers are played by John Lithgow and Brendan Fraser, and their sudden appearance is kind of distracting.
The ending is really weird. I don't know what the purpose of it was.
non blockbuster movies-img302.jpg 

Old 01-29-2024, 01:00 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
The Book of Clarence

The Book of Clarence is a parody of the preaching and crucifixion of Jesus. It's funny in places but mostly it is just dramatic and even weird and anachronistic at times ("okay," "nincompoop," and disco music and dancing, and even the name "Clarence"). The premise is that the Apostle Thomas had a twin brother named Clarence.
Clarence is a drug dealer who owes money to his girlfriend's brother. Clarence decides to become a preacher like Jesus but do fake miracles to raise money.
The setting and costumes are great. But I had a difficult time telling the female characters apart, except for Alfre Woodard (the only cast member I recognized) as Jesus' mother Mary.
A warning: The ending is brutal with the torture and crucifixion. I winced a number of times.
non blockbuster movies-img305.jpg 

Old 02-16-2024, 01:37 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
I.s.s.

I.S.S. (International Space Station) was similar to Alien, without the monster. There are American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts aboard when World War III starts on Earth. Each group receives a coded message from its own government to take control of the space station by whatever means necessary. In other words, kill the other guys.
The movie is short but kind of slow and the two Russian guys looked a lot alike so I wasn't sure which was which. And I didn't understand what the deal was, and what was happening, to the experimental mice on board. It's an okay movie, but nothing great.
non blockbuster movies-img306.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.