Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 PM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqqqqme View Post
That would look great on a 4x4 chassis
Very true. I've always had 4x4 trucks and have never had anything low or rodded so that's what's driving me right now.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 AM  

Valencia, California
In reference to my earlier post about my "stretched cab" 1953 Ford F-100 project, I am posting pictures of the current state of the project. Two trucks were required in order to easily gain the extra sheet metal needed. The cabs were sectioned so that an additional 10-12" of extra length could be created. Doors have not yet been cut. First photo is of the sacrifice portions of the cab that will not be used. Next two shots show the "long" sections placed together with a stock door for reference. Fourth shot shows the "long" sections of the roof. Last shot shows a partially completed front fender on the right that has had the opening moved forward, with a stock fender for reference.
Old Trucks-dscn0177.jpg 

Old Trucks-dscn0178.jpg 

Old Trucks-dscn0179.jpg 

Old Trucks-dscn0180.jpg 

Old Trucks-dscn0181.jpg 

Old 11-15-2010, 01:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What's your final plans for the truck - you going the rat rod route? I've always been a Jeep building guy, but as of late I've seen some great deals on Ebay for old 50's trucks that make me want to make a rat rod real bad...

I'd love to know what you're going to do with it, or if you have a build thread somewhere maybe on another forum?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM  

Valencia, California
So far this is the first time I have shown any of the photos. I am likely going to just get it to the primer (rat rod) stage with a bare bones interior and leave it at that level. I decided to just concentrate on the sheet metal for now, later comes the chassis and drive train options. Mentally, I have been toying with the idea of taking a Cadillac Northstar front wheel drive unit and mounting it in the rear, essentially making it a mid-engine truck. In the old engine bay would be an IFS and the fuel tank, with the rest of the space being essentially a trunk (shades of Porsche!). This would keep the truck somewhat true to old conversions called "Fordillacs", if in name only.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 AM  

St. Paul, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
Once I get some time and a little extra cash, this is what I would to do. You just gotta love the patina look.

Awesome shots!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:04 PM  

georgetown, colorado
my 85 k30 w/454, 4-spd, locked front diff. plans are that its going to get lifted 3", 37" tires, and the wheelbase shortened 9".
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDDUDE View Post
So far this is the first time I have shown any of the photos. I am likely going to just get it to the primer (rat rod) stage with a bare bones interior and leave it at that level. I decided to just concentrate on the sheet metal for now, later comes the chassis and drive train options. Mentally, I have been toying with the idea of taking a Cadillac Northstar front wheel drive unit and mounting it in the rear, essentially making it a mid-engine truck. In the old engine bay would be an IFS and the fuel tank, with the rest of the space being essentially a trunk (shades of Porsche!). This would keep the truck somewhat true to old conversions called "Fordillacs", if in name only.

That sounds like a cool, and time-consuming build!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
I love this thread. I think it's my favorite one. I can't wait to get my truck and post it here... won't be for a while though
Old 11-17-2010, 12:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm currently shopping for old trucks on Ebay. I've narrowed my next project down to a 50's Dodge truck - well, I'm PRETTY sure that's what it's going to be

Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'm currently shopping for old trucks on Ebay. I've narrowed my next project down to a 50's Dodge truck - well, I'm PRETTY sure that's what it's going to be

Oh so cool. I can't wait to see pictures of your final selection!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.