Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2020, 05:52 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
sunlite pool

Sunlite Pool at Old Coney is open for one more weekend in 2020, Sept. 12 and 13. I went there today, Sept. 6. Some things have changed because of COVID-19.
You must buy your tickets online in advance. You pick out what day you want, and you have to use it that day, and there are no refunds. The hours for the pool are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. All-day tickets for adults are $23.95 for adults, and after 4 p.m. adult tickets are $13.95. There is also a $2 service charge.
There are slightly discounted tickets for seniors over 65 and children 12 and under. The ticket price includes parking, which is a bargain considering that parking was always at least an additional $8 per vehicle and a real-ripoff!
All the entrances are closed, including the main one, except for gate 4, which is the one farthest east on Kellogg Avenue, which is also the entrance that you used to use for Riverbend. A gatekeeper checks your advance ticket's date, then waves you through, then you drive around through a bunch of cones until you get to parking. Then you walk to the far west back entrance to gain admission to the pool.
All the pool lawn chairs have been removed but you can bring your own chairs if you want. I also noticed that the food at the snack bars seemed a bit cheaper than it had been in the past.
The photo I am including is of the fountain at one of the kiddie pools. The fountain falls for about 30 seconds every five minutes or so, once the water tower on top refills.
sunlite pool-sunlite-pool-fountain.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!