Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Best Local Breweries

IMHO and INPO:

- Great Divide
- Dry Dock
- Strange
- Bull and Bush
- Sandlot

Those are my top 5.

Thoughts?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM  
evo

Frederick, CO
like great divide, they make some awesome beers.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Comon... really. Sand Lot. You would choose a Coors brewery over Breckenridge right across the street? No way. I agree with Great Divide and Dry Dock. Maybe B&B but nothing amazing. I will check out Strange.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 PM  

Denver, Colorado
You should dig deeper into Sandlot, dude. They are way more than the big Coors beers they brew. They have 17 GABF medals, including Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2005. Breck is good but they don't stack up.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 AM  

Arvada, Colorado
I'm telling ya, Strange Brewing has a great Cascadian Dark that everyone should try out. I love it. Plus you can go there before a Broncos game to get ready and after to drown your sorrows (at least this week!)
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM  

Denver, CO
Great Divide all the way. So awesome, and I live around the corner from them =D
Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM  

Denver, Colorado
I frequent Great Divide very often ! Soooo Gooood ! and you CANNOT BEAT THE $3 Happy Hour !
Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM  

Denver, Colorado
I vote for Left Hand as well. It might be a little north to be considered Denver, but it's absolutely one of the best.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko123 View Post
You should dig deeper into Sandlot, dude. They are way more than the big Coors beers they brew. They have 17 GABF medals, including Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2005. Breck is good but they don't stack up.
I understand that but they are still apart of the problem and not the solution. If you really want to support Craft Brewing you can't support the Big Breweries in Craft Clothing. They are trying to kill the industry. They cheat, lie and steal to run Craft Breweries out of business. And when that doesn't work they just buy them.

The Stone Blog ? Is ‘Graft Beer’ Limiting YOUR Choices?

Read this article to see how screwed up the system is. I think it is important to support the industry at its roots. Not just on the surface.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAD View Post
I understand that but they are still apart of the problem and not the solution. If you really want to support Craft Brewing you can't support the Big Breweries in Craft Clothing. They are trying to kill the industry. They cheat, lie and steal to run Craft Breweries out of business. And when that doesn't work they just buy them.

The Stone Blog ? Is ?Graft Beer? Limiting YOUR Choices?

Read this article to see how screwed up the system is. I think it is important to support the industry at its roots. Not just on the surface.
I don't think they'll ever kill the craft beer industry. And a tasty beer is a tasty beer, be it made by dogfish head, SKA Brewery, or Coors. That colorado native beer is pretty tasty, made by coors.

Also you can check out beerwars on netflix, pretty good documentary about the big beer companies.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.