Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 AM  

Bowling Green, Kentucky
I'm in Bowling Green, but just for college. Originally from LaGrange. (North East of Louisville)

Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
HEY!!! FLORENCE.....Y'ALL! Love your water tower! That's a welcome sight when I'm heading south!
And should probably add, while I'm not FROM Kentucky, I do have land there. In Cumberland County. Can't wait to get back to it too!! It's just outside Burkesville.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM  

Independence, Kentucky
I'm just south of you down in Independence/Piner area.

GeneralTJ...where do you go wheeling at? I have an off-road only jeep and I'm always looking for places to wheel.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:56 PM  

Lancaster, Kentucky
Well, I'm not in Florence anymore. Now I'm in Lancaster.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
I'm just south of you down in Independence/Piner area.

GeneralTJ...where do you go wheeling at? I have an off-road only jeep and I'm always looking for places to wheel.
Hey Jonesy. I currently live near Toledo, Ohio. We have friends in Burkesville and my father retired there. He has since passed on, but I still go there. Kentucky is beautiful and I plan to relocate there later.

As for wheeling spots, it's hard to beat Black Mountain, near Harlan. Harlan County Campground & RV Park . Head down I-75 and hang a left just north of the Tennessee border, basically.

Up here, we make regular trips to Bundy Hill, a converted stone quarry. Not really worth the trip for you....especially being so close to Harlan!!

Go here--> YouTube - GeneralTJWillys's Channel <--- to check out some video I shot while at both places.

Here's a video while on Harlan's "Lower Rock Garden".--> Picasa Web Albums - Tracy - Harlan Fall C... <-- This is also where there was an episode of PowerBlock TV's "Extreme4x4" filmed, as well as where the southeast qualifier for the vaunted KOH (King of the Hammers), took place and was filmed.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, then I also suggest that you head west, to Hot Springs, Arkansas and hit Superlift Off Road Park. You'd also have a blast there too. It's at least as good as Harlan, maybe better in some ways. Bummer is, it's just too far for me to go there often.

If you're ever in east/northeast Ohio, then look up Wellsville, near the Pennsylvania border, and JeepSkool Welcome to JeepSkool.com! . I hear they are both fun, but in vastly different ways!! And of course, if you're ever heading up near Toledo/southeast Michigan, get hold of me, and, If possible, we'll make a Bundy Hill run.

HAPPY WHEELIN'!!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:22 PM  

Cincinnati, Kentucky
RE: Richy007

Two Keys Tavern and the Tin Roof or Bar Lex
Old 11-02-2010, 11:55 PM  

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky
I'm south of Lexington a ways (Rockcastle Co.). Don't know about the night life anywhere anymore. Bars took too much money away from my real addiction anyway (will work for ammo..heh). Hell, it's a college town...Shouldn't be hard to find trouble around there

Good to see you BTW ABG
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Its north of you (or where you used to be), not quite as north as Florence.

I love that water tower by the way. The story behind it is great too.
Whats the story behind it. I have always wondered how they came to put that on there.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:15 PM  

Lancaster, Kentucky
Originally it said Florence Mall, but when the city ordinances changed to where you couldn't advertise on city property, they changed it to Florence Yall.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:40 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Yeah they wanted the cheapest possible way to make it legal again.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.