Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM  

Glasses Repair

The screw fell out of the left side of my reading glasses. I'm sure it's not that expensive to get fixed but idk where I should take them for the best deal. Has this happened to anyone else, wanna help me out? Thank syou!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 PM  

Most drug and hardware stores carry eyeglass repair kits with various types of screws and a little screwdriver. It should run you less than $2.00.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
If you buy a set of small screwdrivers from Home Depot or Lowes you should have no trouble with any eyewear screws. It's best to have an older pair of glasses, a jewelers loupe or small magnifying glass to see what you're doing.

A drop of Locktite heps the screw not loosen.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM  
Traveler

Any hardware store will have different type of eyeglasses screw. I guess the shopkeeper will even help you in fixing it up.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 AM  

Somerville, MA
eyeglass

Most eyeglass stores will repair it for free as a coutesy, even if you aren't a patient/customer of theirs.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:16 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcyaz View Post
Most eyeglass stores will repair it for free as a coutesy, even if you aren't a patient/customer of theirs.
A word of caution about that. Eyewear shops are indeed very kind about free help but beware the in store (Walmart, KMart etc.) type eye care shops. The people there aren't really trained very well.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:28 AM  

I don't think you will be charged a lot for just putting in an another screw. Take it to any nearby glasses shop and they will do it for maybe a dollar or 2.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!