Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 PM  

Where to get good honey in Metro-West (or reasonable distance from MW)?

I'm trying to source good, local, honey in the area (live in Natick, so within reasonable driving distance) that's from New England (not looking for stuff where the bees are in another part of the country). Also want this to be 100% regional content, not mostly regional with X% from another part of the country, or even another country.

I've tried to get some from Black Cat Honey, but am getting nothing by pissed off with them. I placed an order with them last week (was supposed to ship out last Thursday, 12/9) via UPS ground (one day in transit) so that I'd have it for use last weekend... Well, it's been over a week and STILL no honey has arrived (they're more than a two hour drive, each way from me). I've paid for something that, as far as I can tell, has never shipped and I doubt I'll ever receive now. I've actually called and left a message with the person I was emailing (Richard) since I've not had ANY emails from him after 12/8 (the evening I actually placed the order/paid for the honey)... I have located two other fairly local sources (about 30-45 minutes drive each way) that I can use, once the entire Black Cat Honey fiasco is settled. Needless to say, IF I ever do business with Black Cat again, it will be 100% in person and NOT have anything shipped. It really sucks, though (and hurts when you're between jobs) to spend good money on a product that was supposed to ship out for a target date, only to not have anything coming (and zero communication since paying for the product). I was going to use their honey in a vanilla honey porter we started last Saturday. Suffice to say, we had to find other honey to use.

Still, if there are any other places within about one to one and a half hours drive of Natick (I live close enough to Natick Center to use that in calculations) I'd love to hear about them. Especially if they have a good product (looking for wild flower honey specifically)...

Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 AM  
kmt

Worcester, MA
The only place I know of is in Douglas. Well, not a place but a bee keeper who sells the honey out of his house. Let me know if you want his info.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 AM  

That's at least an hour drive from me... The guy would have to have great honey at really great pricing to make it worth it to me. Especially when I could get quality honey from at least two other sources that are far closer.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.