Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
....... are born with the ability to do so and are willing to take much more financial risk than the average Joe.
I agree with this BUT I also believe that making money can be a learned attribute.... Sort of like someone who can play piano well. Those of us that cannot play aren't sitting here saying we should cut off the fingers of those that can!

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
there is certainly some truth to that, but why should we stack the deck like that? for instance healthcare, why have a system that is geared only to work well for people employed by companies large enough to get affordable plans? why can't entrepreneur's buy themselves policies with the same rights as corporate policies? (as they will be able to under "obamacare").

or why should large corporations be able to muscle out the little guys (as the SOPA and the new patent law will do)?

why should individuals bear a greater risk burden when it comes to social security and medicare? why add more risk onto everyone? that will not help someone become an entrepreneur.
If this plan would give me the entitlement to drive a shiny new Mercedes sports car instead of a crappy little Nissan even though I was the one who never gave the ambition to go to school and become a lawyer, I'm all for it.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I agree with this BUT I also believe that making money can be a learned attribute.... Sort of like someone who can play piano well. Those of us that cannot play aren't sitting here saying we should cut off the fingers of those that can!
By my experience one can be taught to make money. I agree with this statement. Where most, by my observation, get into trouble is the proper managing of money. It's much easier to make than to keep. The majority of folks don't have the discipline or are willing to sacrafice for what it takes to keep or grow the money they make.

BTW, I've been playing classical piano since I was 7 Y.O. That makes it 49 years now. Leave my fingers alone.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
By my experience one can be taught to make money. I agree with this statement. Where most, by my observation, get into trouble is the proper managing of money. It's much easier to make than to keep. The majority of folks don't have the discipline or are willing to sacrafice for what it takes to keep or grow the money they make.

BTW, I've been playing classical piano since I was 7 Y.O. That makes it 49 years now. Leave my fingers alone.
I agree with you... There are PLENTY of folks out there who make alot of money but find themselves in poor circumstances while there are those out there with modest income who manage it well and get by comfortably. Oh, and my wife plays piano... I cannot.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
If this plan would give me the entitlement to drive a shiny new Mercedes sports car instead of a crappy little Nissan even though I was the one who never gave the ambition to go to school and become a lawyer, I'm all for it.
there is a difference between having the ability to buy basic healthcare and being given a brand new car.......

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.